Open Dismiss notification not syncing (Chrome OS)

Discussion in 'Join' started by S3basuchian, Nov 8, 2019.

1. S3basuchian

S3basuchian New Member

Hi,
    I have the following problem: If I receive a notification on my Chromebook and dismiss it by swiping it away or pressing the clear all button the notification is not dismissed on the device that originally sent the notification. However if I press the x button on the notification, press dismiss everywhere or press the clear all button in the Join popup the notification is dismissed on the other devices also.
    For example I know that Pushbullet and Bridge have this functionality. However I like Join way better than those other applications, so it would be superb if this feature could be added.

P.S.: Also is it possible to have a checkbox in the Android application to make newly installed applications automatically send notifications? So that I don't have to go through the list each time I install a new application (because I want all notifications synced).

Thanks in regards! Loving your work!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi!
    Unfortunately I don't own a chromebook myself so I can't test it out. Did you try playing with the Add "Dismiss Everywhere" Button in Chrome Notifications feature in Chrome > Join Settings > Advanced?

About that option, I'm not doing that by design actually :) It's the same reason I don't have an enable all option there. Check here: https://joaoapps.com/join/faq/

Hope this helps!

3. S3basuchian

S3basuchian New Member

Hi, thanks for the quick answer!
    Yes I've tried with that button and it works fine (dismisses the notification everywhere), however if you get many notifications it would be super helpful if the native clear all button in the notification view -or swiping the notification away- would dismiss them also everywhere (especially since Chrome OS only shows the buttons for one notification at a time in the notification view).

I understand it's difficult for you if you don't have a chromebook yourself, but it would be a super handy addition. If there's any more information you need or if I can support the development of this in any way just let me know.

Regarding the option to enable all:
    That's unfortunate but at least I understand now.

Thanks and Greetings,
    Sebastian

4. joaomgcd

Thanks. I was hoping that without that option being enabled that the clear all button would work for that. So can you confirm that it doesn't?

5. S3basuchian

S3basuchian New Member

I'm sorry for the late reply, it was a busy week. Yes I can confirm that. In fact I have recorded a short video which showcases the problem here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OyHCUtfAJfA5ttzbDL4Nb5Y3N8fnTyXB/view?usp=sharing

As you (hopefully) can see in this video these are in fact the same notifications, as swiping them away on the phone also dismisses them on the Chromebook. However dismissing them on the Chromebook itself does not sync to other devices.

Greetings,
    Sebastian

6. joaomgcd

Thank you . Unfortunately I don't have a Chromebook to try it out but it seems that the Chromebook is not sending the notification dismissed event to Join on that occasion, making Join not able to do the same thing on your phone :(

7. S3basuchian

S3basuchian New Member

I understand, so I tested it on my Windows work computer right now and I saw that there the behaviour is exactly the same as on my Chromebook (the notifications are not dismissed after I click the clear all button). I can take another video if you want. Maybe, since basically it's both Chrome, it can be fixed on Chrome OS the same way as for Windows?
    If there is anything I can do or check on my machines that would help you fix this issue just let me know.

8. joaomgcd

Thank you! Do you mean the Clear All button in the Windows Notification Center?

S3basuchian likes this.
  9. S3basuchian

S3basuchian New Member

Yes exactly

10. S3basuchian

S3basuchian New Member

Is this something you can fix?
    I don't care if it's today or in a month, but would be interesting to know :)