AutoInput [Query UI] Returns wrong screen data. App trickery? Any ideas?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by datguy.dev, Nov 15, 2019.

1. datguy.dev

datguy.dev New Member

Greetings,

I'm trying to automate apps for the various delivery services out there for UberEats, DoorDash, GrubHub, Postmates etc. Most of these apps are designed so poorly they induce distracted driving for those who use them. So I aim to automate that in various ways if possible. The current goal is to automatically decline orders with the preferences provided by the driver. For example, if the order pays less than the total distance -> decline. If the order is under $8 -> decline and so on.

I have created a scene in Tasker to capture the data of the screen. It is a simple button that runs an autoinput ui query and saves it to a log file that has the date and time as the filename. I also index the elements and save that to the file as well. This task also takes a screenshot so I can see what the log is referencing. I delivered the other day so I captured some data.

Currently, I am stuck because I cannot capture the elements which are holding the drivers the payout and trip distance. It is weird, because it seems I can accurately capture the data for every other screen. Just not the exact one I really need go figure. Even more strange, the data which is captured is actually the decline screen as if the decline button was pressed. Though it was not...

This is the SCREEN data I'm looking to capture. Whereas this is the DATA. You can see the data does not relate, but HERE you can see that is the log. (see the X) Any ideas?

2. datguy.dev

datguy.dev New Member

still around if anyone has any input XD

3. datguy.dev

datguy.dev New Member

ok, not checking this thread any longer XD

4. TwinAdk

TwinAdk New Member

It seems that it reads alot of reasons to decline - where are those pieces of text located in the app? I'm trying to understand where the input grabbing goes wrong.

If you could screen record the process starting from the screen you posted above, till you get to the screen where the decline reason is posted it would help alot

My first thought on why it fails is because some overlay box that you cannot see is being read.

Kind Regards