Open Node-Red Error on Chrome: "Failed to Fetch"

Discussion in 'Join' started by wohfab, Jan 31, 2019.

1. wohfab

wohfab New Member

I follow the NotEnoughTech Tutorial.

When sending a command I get a Chrome Error: "Error Direct Send: Failed to Fetch" and "Couldn't push tasker command: Failed to Fetch"

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

On what step are you getting that exactly?

3. Nodle

Nodle New Member

I am also having the same errors, as wohfab when I try to send pushes to NodeRed.

The port is set to 1820 and 'Send Full Push' is enabled on the Chrome extension. I can send pushes from NodeRed using the 'join message' node, but cannot receive any from my other join devices.

When sending pushes from android devices to NodeRed, the error message shows my external ip and port 1820 and 'connection refused'.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  4. joaomgcd

5. Nodle

Nodle New Member

I get this: "This site can’t be reached, localhost refused to connect."

My Join settings is probably not configured properly I guess. I am trying to learn as a go, I am not very knowledgeable.

My setup:
    24/7 Mini PC with Chrome browser and Join extension:
    -Port 1820, Server IP/Host: Blank, Send Full Push:Ticked
    -With above settings off, Mini PC can send and retrieve Join pushes like it should
    -With settings turned on, Mini PC can still send, but cannot retrieve with no error message on sender (I am assuming this is normal behavior)

NodeRed on Odroid C2:
    -Port 1820, Manual Public IP/Host: Blank, Manual Local IP/Host: Blank
    -Retrieve push flow is setup just like in NotEnoughTech NodeRed tutorial, but cannot retrieve
    -Send push flow work fine
    -Trying to send push to itself: "Couldn't send push"

6. joaomgcd

Hmm, if it can't open localhost than something on your system might be blocking. If you created a Join Server inside Node-RED and used a "join received" node, it should be listening for requests...

7. Nodle

Nodle New Member

Finally fix the problem on my end, thanks for the tips Joao!. I was running Node-Red with docker and had to add port 1820 to the container. I also reinstalled and recreated the Node-Red device in the Join app to get everything working. I hope this helps the original poster.

8. joaomgcd

Great that it now works! :)

9. Srinidhi BS

Srinidhi BS New Member

I have the same problem.
    I have a raspberry pi 3 model b and have node-red server running on it. Running http://localhost:1820/ on the raspberry pi browser says "OK".
    I have set up a join receive message node and configured a join-server node with port 1820.
    I use a Windows 10 PC to send commands to node-red on the raspberry pi. The node-red join-server shows as a device in the windows 10 chrome join.
    When i use the "Send a command" option and send a command I get either of the following two errors:
    1. If my command includes the command filter "example=:=" in the command, I get the error "Couldn't push tasker command. Failed to fetch".
    2. If my command does not include the command filter and if I just send something like "Hello", I get the error "Error Direct Send. Failed to fetch".

However, this works:
    I have setup another Join device on raspberry pi chrome and have redirected received commands to port 1820. So, If I send a note to raspberry pi chrome from windows chrome, raspberry pi chrome then forwards the same to node-red and it works. However for this to work, whenever I restart raspberry pi, I have to open chrome once.

Please help!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019