AutoRemote AutoRemote GCM

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by CustyNegloid, Nov 22, 2018.

1. CustyNegloid

CustyNegloid New Member

I keep getting the error "Device unregistered from GCM. Won't receive messages."

any idea how to fix this problem?
    is it possibly because i'm running it on a fire hd tablet
    i did manage to get tasker and autoinput working perfectly on the tablet

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yes, AutoRemote needs Google Play services which the Fire Tablet doesn't have. Sorry!

3. CustyNegloid

CustyNegloid New Member

so if i could somehow get google play services to work on the tablet could it theoretically work?

4. CustyNegloid

CustyNegloid New Member

ok i was able to successfully get google play services to work on this device and get the google play store to function after registering my device at https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/
    but now the autoremote app just keeps in a loop of getting device key...
    it updates the url, then says device key is here twice then just stays at getting device key

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry I really have no experience at all running it on that tablet :( Wish I could help

6. CustyNegloid

CustyNegloid New Member

ok i got it working on the fire tablet you just need to root the device then register it via google now everything is working smoothly and my fire tablet is working like a normal android tablet

7. Calinutz

Calinutz New Member

@CustyNegloid
    since tasker and co doesn't seem to be going to implement both Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM - google's push messaging service) AND Amazon Device Messaging (ADM - push messaging service for Amazon devices ), and you actually managed to get FCM to work on a Fire HD tablet, would you mind terribly to elaborate how you did it ? I'm on a Fire HD 8 with fire os 6.3.1.2 and can't make it work.
    maybe a step by step tutorial for noobs would be much appreciated. I doubt I'm the only one struggling to get tasker and it's plugins to work on amazon fire tablets.

8. ingenium

ingenium New Member

I'm having the same issue now. I got a Pixel 4 XL and restored my URL from my Pixel 3 and I can't receive incoming messages. The logs show "Device unregistered from GCM. Won't receive messages". When I go to settings, advanced, Repair AutoRemote URL, the same error shows in the logs.
    As a test, I cleared all data for AutoRemote and set it up from scratch. Same error.