AutoVoice Listening timeout

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by ISILDUR, Dec 14, 2019.

1. ISILDUR

ISILDUR New Member

Hi,
    AutoVoice works fine for me (Im using it instead google). But there is one problem - I cant the setting for listening timeout when recognizing users voice.
    For example there is some music playing in the room, or on busy street, or between other loud people. I start recognizing, it catches my words but dont stop listening until there is some noise in vincinity which may takes forever or even never end.
    Is ther an option for the AutoVoice to stop listening and use what he already got?
    Tried to make workaround - creating profile when autovoice app running then wait x seoncds and mute mic but that is not working on my S10+.
    Am I missing something?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately there's no workaround for that, sorry! Google is the one that does the recognition so they decide when the voice prompt times out. Wish I could help!

3. ISILDUR

ISILDUR New Member

Thanks for reply! Just can you explain to me that? When I use Google recognition it does good job, i.e. ambient noise is not causing recognition to last ages. When I use AutoVoice built-in recognition it also uses same google recognition but it keeps listening ambient noise for very long time? How the two differ then? Google recognition has good timeout for listening, built in AutoVoice recognition has bad listening timeout. And as I understand they both using same recognition service.

4. joaomgcd

Hi. Can you clarify how you're using "Google recognition"? thanks!

5. ISILDUR

ISILDUR New Member

There is two ways of voice recognition in my case. Google Now (available in AutoVoice app but not working) and a functionality of "Replace Google Assistant" which is "AutoVoice Hotword Detection". Google Now timeout listening when it should. AutoVoice Hotword Detection is not timeouting when it should. You said above "Google is the one that does the recognition so they decide when the voice prompt times out." This is the part I dont understand. I understand it as "AutoVoice Hotword Detection" uses "Google Now" detection. If its true, why one can timeout listening and the other dont? Must be some difference.

6. joaomgcd

When you use Google now the service that is being used for voice recognition is different than the one AutoVoice uses. Both are controlled by Google though. For some reason it seems they broke the version AutoVoice uses but not the other one :(

7. ISILDUR

ISILDUR New Member

Thank you for explanation!