AutoRemote Stuck at Getting URL...

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Simon Mason, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Simon Mason

Simon Mason New Member

I am just setting up some Kindle Fire HD V5 tablets for touchscreens in my home automation system.
    I have AutoRemote installed - when I load it I do not get the personal URL - it just says "Getting URL..."
    I enabled the logs and nothing is showing in the logs - completely blank - says No Logs.

Kindle is running 5.3.6.4

Thanks for any help.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. I don't think Kindle devices have Google Play Services which means that they don't have push messaging services that AutoRemote needs to make it work, sorry!

3. Simon Mason

Simon Mason New Member

Thanks for the reply. I have two other Kindles that it works fine on. I am installing Google Play on the devices and downloading AutoRemote and it is working fine. This is the first one that has done this? Is there something else I should be downloading to enable Google Play Services?

4. joaomgcd

Maybe you could start by checking if Google Play Services appears in your installed apps. Can you check that please?

5. Simon Mason

Simon Mason New Member

Thanks - It seems like it was running fine. But I downloaded the latest app and reinstalled it and everything is working fine now.

6. joaomgcd

Great! :)