Open trouble texting from Chrome

Discussion in 'Join' started by Surfer, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Surfer

Surfer New Member

just getting started with Join. Seems to work OK on my phone but when I try to send an SMS test from my PC with Chrome extension, message doesn't send. Little circle keep spinning around

2. Surfer

Surfer New Member

If i run diagnostics from Chrome extension, they all pass. I also tried web-based SMS and it just doesn't seem to work. I can see received messages but can send any except from on my phone.

3. Surfer

Surfer New Member

so far, this is a mess. I can see incoming messages in the Chrome extension but but send. I can send messages from the web version using Firefox but the incoming messages don't display. In the web version on Chrome, the message steam is upsidedown and nothing is updating.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi. Sorry for the delay. Can you send other kinds of pushes from the Chrome extension to your phone? For example, can you open a webpage from your PC to your phone?

5. Payam F

Payam F New Member

Hi. Hope I'm not hijacking this. But I've also been experiencing the delay in sending the Surfer has mentioned. Sometimes the sending of text through chrome (Vivaldi) is immediate. Sometimes I get the spinning circle. It is temporary though. After minutes (sometimes a couple of minutes, sometimes after a few minutes) the message does get sent.
    As to your questions, I can send the current webpage tab to the device. And I can get a screenshot back. Sometimes it is immediate, and sometimes the actions take a bit of time.
    Today, when I was sending the text and the circle was spinning, I had time to come to this forum and search for the issue, locate this thread, try the experiments with sending the tab, getting screenshot, locating the device, before the blockage cleared and the text was sent.
    While the circle was spinning though, the above actions were also not being performed quickly. Right after the blockage went away, I repeated those actions and they performed immediately.
    I wonder if things are funneling through a (your) server and if the server is busy things get bogged down for some time.

6. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, that means that for some reason during that time where the circle was spinning your phone wasn't able to receive pushes for some reason. Maybe the tips here will help? https://dontkillmyapp.com/?app=Join