3. SmartPhoneLover

SmartPhoneLover Member

SmartPhoneLover updated Battery Monitor with a new update entry:

Changelog v1.2

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. BugFix

BugFix New Member

Hi, amazing profile but... :)

how can i make the notification persistent until i swipe it out? I charge the mobile between 1 and 3 AM. The notification disappears automatically after charging so i'll never see it (?¿) could you give a hint please?

h.a.n.d.

5. SmartPhoneLover

SmartPhoneLover Member

Hi @BugFix,
    The behavior you describe about the notification getting disappeared when the phone gets fully charged, is not from the project itself (or may not ). As it doesn't cancel the (permanent) notification until you unplug the charger, even fully charged.

What I can think on is...
    - You system (SystemUI) may be generating a notification (or handling one) that uses the same name as mine from Tasker (Battery Monitor), so it would make the notification to disappear.
    - Same as above but with a 3rd party app.
    or
    - When your device gets fully charged something could be happening in the background (system) that sends some signal/intent that makes Tasker gets confused about the charging state. So it thinks that it was unplugged, when it is not actually.

6. BugFix

BugFix New Member

Hi,
    thank you for the quick reply.

It is a bit unlucky but your advice does not help. I chaged "Battery Monitor" to "Battery Charging Control" but nothing changes. The Notification diappears immediately when unplugged.

It would be very helpful to show the percentage of power when loading started also when unplugged and the loading duration because the mobile gets rarely fully charged even at night or in the car it gets max. 1-1,5h power. So user is able to calculate and keep his battey capacity between 30% and 80% which is very good for battery health and live.

Could you imagine to make an alternative AutoNotificafion? This works pretty good on my Sansung Android Q. I am not able to do so [noob, noooob ;-) ]

thx a lot...

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  7. SmartPhoneLover

SmartPhoneLover Member

Ohhh, I think I misunderstood your first message where...
    So you are looking for keeping the notification when (unplugged).
    Well, the project was not designed to work like this way. I created it to monitor the status of charging only when charging, so when the user disconnects the charger, it deletes the notification + expanded details from scene.
    Ok, I will try to add something to the project (Setup task) that allows it to keep the notification for later reference once unplugged. Or maybe dump last charging session to a file so generate a new notification to show results. I will see...

About the other requests...
    - Percentage of power: It was removed from the notification to save space for small screens and/or DPI, but moved to the scene that can be showed up by touching the notification.
    - Loading duration: If you are talking about the remaining charging time, it's already merged on both notification and scene. It's expressed in DD/HH/MM (DD, where days, if applicable for slow charging connections and big battery capacities).

Finally, what do you mean by...?

8. BugFix

BugFix New Member

Hi, I actually wanted to say that Battery Monitor would be a little better if it is not only a live view but also as a statistic available. Most people charge their cell phones at night so it could be helpful to have the following additional info aviable after charging:

charging start time
    charging end time
    percentage of battery capacity when loading starts
    percentage of battery capacity when loading ends
    maximum battery temperature while loading

by the way: in my case the remaining loading time shows strange values... 107 days 44 days and so on

last but not least: for get my mention about using AutoNotification... only a sensless idea

thank you for your support!

9. SmartPhoneLover

SmartPhoneLover Member

Ohhh, finally got it Sorry mate.
    Well, the project is not about to do that. Maybe I could create it in the future, do not know. Or merge the idea with this current project.
    Meanwhile, a friend of mine has created a project that does exactly what you have asked for, called 'Charging Report'. Except for temperature.

Other things...
    I have applied a possible fix for the next v1.3 release. It could fix your problem. (and for other users that already reported the same). But didn't release it yet.
    Well, the main porpuse of using Tasker notifications (built-in action), was to avoid using plugins, so the user won't be asked to download it. Sorry.

Attached Files:

10. BugFix

BugFix New Member

Thank you, incredibble profile but it doesn't work on my phone. At the first loading a Scene PopUp appeared and then nothing. :(

11. SmartPhoneLover

SmartPhoneLover Member

The dev of the project and another user reported that it works well.
    Btw, did you check the 'HELP' section into tasks Tab?

12. BugFix

BugFix New Member

Yes i did it, but what should i find there? The change log the objectives but no help... how can i contact the dev, i'll ask him...

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  13. SmartPhoneLover

SmartPhoneLover Member

SmartPhoneLover updated Battery Monitor with a new update entry:

Changelog v1.3

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. SmartPhoneLover

SmartPhoneLover Member

Please, elaborate your answer a bit more. If you see previous versions logs, percentage was deleted from the notification (useless, as it's already in the Android's statusbar).