Open Join Custom Actions

Discussion in 'Join' started by ponkieponkz, Feb 3, 2020.

?

Would you like to be able to send Custom Actions, from one Join=:=enabled device to another?

1. Rinse and repeat... x_x

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I wish Join would be able to exchange "all" information to devices.

100.0%
  1. ponkieponkz

ponkieponkz New Member

Hey Joao,

I have spent a lot of time setting up Join custom actions on my phone so I can control the lights in my home individually. Shortcuts for on, off, scenes, shutdown sequence.. etc...
    I am launching them via Tasker shortcuts on my homescreen, so I could put a little 10ms haptic vibrate when touching the icon.
    While I was doing this, I just assumed I would eventually be able to "join" these Custom actions to my tablet.

And then to my surprise, I found out it was not possible to send my custom actions to my tablet. x_x
    Am I overlooking something? And if not, could this be a feature please.
    Join can do so much that I just blindly assumed this function would be included.
    TaskerNet makes it real easy to share profiles to other devices. Perhaps something similar could be done for Join ;-)

Here's hoping you can make it happen!

Gr,

Michael

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi Michael. Unfortunately I'm sorry to say that actions are not syncable yet... :( My plan is to make them backup with the existing backup option in Join's settings and then you would be able to restore them on other devices.

ponkieponkz and wagi2 like this.
  3. ponkieponkz

ponkieponkz New Member

Thank you for your answer Joao.
    What you're suggesting is exactly how I would do it.
    I was gonna try to find a setting file where the actions are stored, but I will be patient and wait for you to implement this.

Again thanks.