AutoVoice AutoVoice Freezes Phone

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Evan Al-Chokhachy, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Evan Al-Chokhachy

Evan Al-Chokhachy New Member

On occasion, AutoVoice Recognize simply freezes. The Google voice pop-up just doesn't come up. Once this happens, in my case, the entire launcher's GUI freezes. Taps don't work, Swipes don't work...The phone becomes entirely unresponsive with the exception of the phone's Home button. Pressing the home button does clear the freeze. However, attempting to run the AutoVoice app itself, after this has occurred, fails. Not only does the app not start but again the phone's GUI freezes. This occurs on an HTC 10 running Oreo v8.0. I have noticed this most often when my phone is connected to my car's bluetooth. The logs are unremarkable with the exception that the AutoApps category reports "Got license response from AutoApps. is licensed: false" which seems to imply I have no license, yet I do. I paid for this license and AutoVoice Pro Unlock is installed on my phone.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Can you please try running the Recognize action without a popup and see if that helps? May be something in the Google App that's making the voice recognition popup not show...

3. Evan Al-Chokhachy

Thanks for the feedback. I'll give it a try. However, it doesn't explain why just starting AutoVoice (the app only with no Tasker involvement at all) fails causing the GUI to freeze in exactly the same way and the AutoVoice app failing to start. This failure is independent of Google's app.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

But does that always happen or just after the bug happens?

5. Evan Al-Chokhachy

Most often after the bug happens, but I can't be sure that's the only time