Open No Touchless Chat with WeChat?

Discussion in 'Touchless Chat' started by Stefan Schober, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Stefan Schober

Stefan Schober New Member

How can I send a message via WeChat to any contact?
    Wechat Contacts are marked as synced in the phone's account settings. Wechat is also connected to G+.
    However, if I reduce the Android contacts app to show only Wechat contacts, the list is empty. It appears as if Wechat had its own contacts management.
    Is there anything I missed to make it work?
    WhatsApp is of no major importance in China :)

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

When I first installed WeChat I couldn't get it to work either but after some time it started working, but I can't recall what I did.
    Just so you know though, it'll only work with Touchless Chat if you can get it to show up in the regular contacts app, so you try doing that.
    Hope you get it!

3. Stefan Schober

Thanks, although that doesn't sound too encouraging :)
    But seems I found it - at least partially. In Wechat go to the settings and open "My Account". Here you should see the item "Phone" with the phone # you registered with WeChat. Under this phone item you can link your phone contacts to Wechat. Wechat will upload your contacts to check which of those also have a Wechat account.
    After I did this, my Wechat account disappeared from the phone accounts. But it could easily be added again. Now I see Wechat accounts in my contacts app :).
    However it seems, as if only the accounts are listed, which are in common between Wechat and the existing phone contacts. Contacts which only exist in Wechat will not be added.
    I will keep you posted, if I discover more...

4. Stefan Schober

Now the message to be sent by tasker seems to be prepared for the correct Wechat contact. However the Touchless Chat action aborts with an error.

Attached Files:

5. joaomgcd

hmm. so does the correct wechat contact window open now?

6. Stefan Schober

Yes, the correct chat conversation opens in Wechat, but Touchless Chat seems to be unable to write the message. When using WhatsApp instead of Wechat it works. So it appears to me to be a problem particularly between Tasker/Touchless Chat and Wechat.
    TC retries to send the message 3 times before it finally gives up. The error message always is as shown in the last screen shot.

7. joaomgcd

Ok, thanks and sorry about that :( Do you by any chance have AutoInput?

8. Stefan Schober

Yes I have. Anything I can do with AutoInput?

9. joaomgcd

Can you please check what the ID of the textbox field to write messages in WeChat is? Add an "AutoInput Action" in Tasker, then use Easy Setup with the text input field in WeChat. Thank you!

10. Stefan Schober

Then the screen shot should provide this information... :)

Attached Files:

11. joaomgcd

Awesome, thanks! Can you try going into the apps, refreshing them, then trying again please? Thanks! I've changed that on my server. If it can't hit the "Send" button after that could you also check the id for that? thanks!

12. Stefan Schober

Sorry for the late reply. I was out of the country and offline most of the time ... no internet in the jungle ;)
    @joaomgcd: I'm not sure if I understood you correctly. I checked all the apps (AutiInput, TC, ...) and refreshed, wherever I was able to find a "refresh" action. Or should I reinstall teh apps from Google Play?

Anyhow. Right now I don't see any change. When trying to use TC from within tasker to send a message via WeChat, the correct chat (contact) is opened in WeChat, but no text shows up in the input field. Instead an error message pops up like the one shown before. The send log in TC shows 3 entries:
    1 - Sending "<text> ..."
    2 - Text could not be written: Error timeout: Action timed out
    3 - Couldn't send "<text> ...": Error timeout: Action timed out

Seems there is still some room for improvement ... :D

: Wechat