Open New contacts not synced even when forced

Discussion in 'Join' started by Fred Eric, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Fred Eric

Fred Eric New Member

Hi,

Join app version on android: 2.2.

Step to reproduce:
    1. Add new contact to your phone (all of mine are synced with my google account)
    2. Disable/Enable the SMS and Call service on join to force a refresh of data.
    3. You can see Contacts and SMS files are uploaded to GDrive
    Result:
    The new contact created in step 1 is absent from the new contact file in GDrive (step 3).

Check:
    • Sync contacts in google account. The new contact is on my phone and in the google contacts cloud (https://contacts.google.com).
    • Every needed authorization is ON on android app settings.
    • Every diagnostics tests are ok despite it returns it finds 153 contacts whereas my Google Contact app say I have only 143.
    Question:
    Is there a delay before Join can detect new contact ?
    Is there a tasker way to force this disable/Enable the SMS and Call service on join ? Because it is required to Join get the conversations state as in my phone. Example when I delete a conversation on my phone, the conversation is still there in Join. The SMS service toggle is the tricks to get them synced.

Edit: After some time and a force sync, now the new contact is found.

There is still an issue: some contacts don’t have a picture. I can not find why.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi thanks for the report. Join automatically monitors and re-uploads your contacts, there shouldn't be a need to do it manually.
    However for some reason for some contacts the contacts API that Google provides doesn't provide a picture and I'm really not sure why...

: contacts, sync