AutoWear Shake your wrist - no "exit"

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by curlyel, Oct 7, 2015.

1. curlyel

curlyel New Member

I can't complete the setup wizard. When setup shake, I have a screen showing "Shake your wrist" and a reset button. When shaking like shown in the video, nothing happens. The phone app does not recognize anything, and the continue button stays gray. What do I do wrong?

EDIT: Just found a thread describing the same problem with Huawei Watch. Seems to be an issue regarding the accelerometer in the Huawei Watch. Is there another convenient way to launch voice recognition which not depends on the accelerometer?

Devices: Huwaei Watch, Samsung Note II LTE

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

3. curlyel

curlyel New Member

Thanks for the quick reply.
    I've tried the floating icon approach. It worked well at the first try and would be an convenient alternative.
    But: It seems to be excessive battery usage by autowear on Huawei Watch. Battery is drained by approx. 8-9 percent per hour without touching it :-(
    For now, I've deinstalled autowear to save battery time. Hopefully you find some trick around the odd behavior of the Huawei Watch.
    I'm impressed of your work and would be happy getting autowear running well on the watch.

4. joaomgcd

Thank you. Was the screen kept on when you added the icon? Sorry to hear about the negative experience :(

5. curlyel

curlyel New Member

No, the screen turned to ambient mode after a couple of seconds as always. I had choosen a visible icon (not transparent as in your example) and configured it to disappear after 10 seconds just to keep it of the screen when dealing with other apps.

6. zwizard

zwizard New Member

I'm not having the battery drain issues but I also have the problem with autowear not seeing the wrist shake on my new huawei watch. Any idea what's going on with this?

7. joaomgcd

Check this out! Seems the shake is working with the latest update!

8. Denistbz

Denistbz New Member

My experience with Moto 360 2nd gen is that the AutoWear shake functionality randomly desappears during the day and the AW setting screen does no longer detect any shake. Love AW, but this happens quite every day. Restarting the watch is the only solution I found. I guess Android wear is still far from perfect since I lose several functionalities during the day (e.g. drop down curtain is empty many times) and have to reboot. Samsung Gear 1 with Android cutom ROM was much more reliable and quick... pity for the poor battery though.