Solved Change icons/status on multiple devices

Discussion in 'Join' started by ponkieponkz, Feb 13, 2020.

1. ponkieponkz

ponkieponkz New Member

Hi Joao (or whoever else might have an idea),

I wil try to explain my challenge in the simplest manner.
    I have Wifi lights in my apt. I made shortcuts for these lights via tasker widgets on my homescreen.
    Inside the task, there is an "if-than-else" structure which will either show an activated or a deactivated bulb icon when I touch it. This also toggles the lights ofcourse.

I have the same icons on my tablet to do the same. But, my tablet does not know wether I activated the lights via my phone or not.

I would like for the icons to be updated on all devices right after the lights are triggered from one device. I hope I am being clear.

So, I first tried to setup IFTTT events for "When lights are activated". This would send a command to a device which I could pickup with tasker. I could catch this command and switch the icons after receiving it. I could also set a variable that way on the receiving devices so they are aware of the light status.

But this method is not really fast, and sometimes it's like the trigger isn't even sent.
    So, I was thinking, there should be a better solution for this...

Instead of using the IFTTT "When lights are activated" event, would it be better to - instead just send a Join push to "all androids" when I touched a light bulb icon on my phone?

By touching my task, the icon would change to on status.... a join push would be received by the tablet, and the variable and icons would be changed on the tablet aswell.

Am I thinking in the right direction?

Or should I be messing with storing cloud variables or something. It seems it could be done easier.
    A little help would be appreciated.

p.s: I am using lights based on the Tuya API.

Example:
    upload_2020-2-13_15-4-5.png

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

3. ponkieponkz

ponkieponkz New Member

Thanks Joao... To expand on this subject, I also tell Nest Mini to switch these same lights on and off by using my voice.
    But this message up the icon statuses.

For this I would have to use IFTTT I think?
    Trigger when device switches on and send webhook? Then let Tasker respond and set the icons,..

This started as such a simple idea haha
    It keeps getting more complicated.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yep, if IFTTT supports that, that's the way to go :)