AutoWear Show icon at brightness value

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by CarloHD, Mar 10, 2020.

1. CarloHD

CarloHD New Member

Hi, I'm trying to create a button that changes the brightness value with each tap.As I understand it is not possible to create / modify a variable, therefore it is not possible to add a certain value to a variable.Now of course I'm looking for a workaround, and I wondered if it was possible, and how, to make the button appear at a certain brightness value. I searched in the pre-defined events but I haven't found anything.
    Any solution / help Is appreciated

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Do you mean the watch's brightness or the phone's brightness?

3. CarloHD

CarloHD New Member

Wear brightness. I want to show a "+" button when the brightness is at level 1 to set it at level 2. When the brightness is settled to 2, show a "+" button to set it at level 3, and so on.

Edit: obviously each level has its own value (level 1 = 51, 2 = 102 ...), so a trigger on that value would also be fine

4. joaomgcd

Hmm, maybe you can set a variable in Tasker itself that has the value of the current brightness you set, then change that and use it in the action to change the brightness on the watch?

5. CarloHD

CarloHD New Member

Yes, i use that method (exactly I use a counter to set the brightness depending on the value of counter) for now, but this implies to keep the smartphone constantly connected.
    Since autowear can send the brightness value to the smartphone, I thought there was a way to get autowear to read the same value it sends.

6. joaomgcd

Unfortunately there isn't for now, sorry!

7. CarloHD

CarloHD New Member

no problem, man, it was still a pleasure to expose my ideas with you, thanks for the answers