AutoNotification LED light

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by bpascal, Apr 6, 2020.

1. bpascal

bpascal New Member

Hey guys,

how can I get the LED to work with a notification from autonotification? Using it with tasker. I found there are different places where one can set LED color etc. Where is the right place for this, what are possible conflicts etc.? I do get notifications, ambient display, vibration etc. all working, except for notif light.

@joao obrigado polos teus amazing apps :)

Thx 4 any hints

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi. LED on most phones only blinks if the screen is off when the notification is created. Maybe that's what's missing?

3. bpascal

bpascal New Member

thx 4 your answer. :)
    Now LED works, but I find it a bit confusing where exactly to configure the settings of a notification channel...I tried out many things (inside tasker, inside autonofi. and inside system) but I'm unable to grasp the system behind it :(...for instance, I want to rename a notification channel but I feel I'm only able to create a new one on the basis of an existing one...and if I choose a different LED color for a new notification in tasker, the color is still the one configured in the channel...is there any clear guide around where it is described exactly in which order to proceed, who is "master" and who is "slave" etc. (like which setting takes priority over other settings etc.) concerning autonotification LED color, sound & vibration?
    grateful for any advice, link, tip :D
    anyway, thx 4 developing all this, it is awesomeness indeed :cool::cool::cool::cool:

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately Google made notification categories not very workable for automation apps. Basically they made it so that when you first create a new notification category you're not able to edit and have to create a new one if you want different settings.

What I advise is: create a different channel for different configurations you need (ie. urgent notifications, silent notifications, alerts, etc) and then use each category in the appropriate situations.

Hope this clarifies it!

5. bpascal

bpascal New Member

Alright thanks