Open Whatsapp notifications disappear from Windows Notification Center

Discussion in 'Join' started by mat4444, Apr 19, 2020.

1. mat4444

mat4444 Member

Hello,

Recently, I have noticed a strange behavior with the notifications sent to my Windows 10 laptop:
    I do have a pop-up at the bottom of my screen and the notification is present in the notification center, but it disappears after a few seconds. If I am not in front of my computer and not checking my phone, I will never be notified I received a Whatsapp message for instance.
    Here is a video of my issue (my phone is locked at this time, and the notification is still present on my phone) :

However, it is not happening for SMS notifications. Side question for this : is it normal that only the most recent SMS notification appears ? Check video below of what I mean :

Is it a Join, Chrome or Windows issue ?

Thanks for your help

2. mat4444

mat4444 Member

Ok, I think I found the solution to the 1st question:
    The notification disappears because of the parameter "Number of seconds a notification should show (max 25 seconds): ". I just need to leave it blank and the notification stays in Windows 10 Notification Center. I copied the value from my old Windows 7 computer, but the behavior seems to be different on Windows 10:
    - On Windows 7, it seems to be the time pop-up notification stays on screen (there is no notification center)
    - On Windows 10, it is the time it stays in the Notification Center. It remains there if the value is blank.

Still, has anyone an answer for the SMS question ? Why only the most SMS notification appears ?

Thanks !

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi, glad you figured that out!
    About SMS notifications, only the most recent SMS for a contact will show. If you get SMS from more contacts those will also show the latest one :)

Hope this clarifies it!

mat4444 likes this.
  4. mat4444

mat4444 Member

Thank you for the clarification.
    Anyway, is it a feature that could be implemented ? The Whatsapp messages of a given contact are grouped under a single notification. I guess it is possible for SMS too. At least, my SMS app does that on my phone.

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You could always synchronize the SMS App's notifications :)

Otherwise can you add that request here so I can give it proper priority? https://joaoapps.helprace.com/ Thanks!

6. mat4444

mat4444 Member

I'll test your first suggestion for a few days!

7. mat4444

mat4444 Member

I tested your suggestion to synchronize the SMS app notifications. It does what I want, however, it does not bring the cool "Copy Number" function. I'll create a feature request then !
    Thanks for your quick reply anyway !