Open Backup Join Chrome extension Configuration

Discussion in 'Join' started by Morgane, May 6, 2020.

1. Morgane

Morgane New Member

Hi,
    Is there a way to backup the configuration of the Join Chrome extension ? (What device and commands to show, backup the actions etc.). I have reimaged my PC a few times in the last months, and also manually installed in the beta Chrome extension this morning, and it's very frustrating to reconfigure everything each time. Join is so awesome, I can't see why there is not such a backup option to save us a lot of time ;).
    Is there also a way to keep the same API device ID and nickname after reinstalling the extension on the same PC ? Because it messes up with Actions and automations.
    Thanks

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi, unfortunately there's no way to do that yet, sorry! Need to find the best way to do it... Maybe with a local file backup?

About the device ID, there's no reliable way to detect that you're on the same PC as before (as far as I know) so I wouldn't know which device ID to use...

3. Morgane

Morgane New Member

Yes, a local XML backup file or anything similar would be great and sufficient.
    It's perhaps not necessary to detect the same PC is used, the device ID could be saved in the backup file, or users could be asked to select which Chrome instance they are reconfiguring when loading the backup file.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

5. Morgane

Morgane New Member

Thanks, I'll create a request

: Join, chrome, backup