AutoNotification variable for notification persistency

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by scae, May 12, 2020.

1. scae

scae Member

Hi, can we have an %an variable for notification persistency? Or if there is one already what is it?
    I would like to intercept all notifications of an app and do different things depending on the persistency of the notification.

Thanks.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

3. scae

scae Member

I've tested it, it works ok for me. Thanks!

4. joaomgcd

5. tgo

tgo Member

Would there be a way to use or similar to get tools/tasker to stop those 'draw over other apps' notifications that android 10 introduced that you can't get rid of.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  6. joaomgcd

Maybe this helps?

7. tgo

tgo Member

It does, to a degree. It's got rid of my rotation persistent notification, but the other one, is more dogged.

The second screenshot shows what I tried. Screenshot_20200615_191341_com.teslacoilsw.launcher.jpg Screenshot_20200615_191605_com.joaomgcd.autonotification.jpg Screenshot_20200615_191341_com.teslacoilsw.launcher.jpg Screenshot_20200615_191605_com.joaomgcd.autonotification.jpg

8. joaomgcd

Try changing the first filter:
    • remove the text
    • change the title to displaying over
    Does that work?

9. tgo

tgo Member

No.

What is odd is that if I pull down the notification centre with auto notification running, that notification doesn't show up. If I go back to homescreen it shows up, if I do helped settings for the block notification it tells me that 'there are no notifications currently'

I can add the app manually of course but auto notification doesn't seem to think that the notification exists, although when back on homescreen it's there.

10. tgo

tgo Member

I wonder if there's anything that cone be done with 'delaying' the notification, that's still showing as an option ' delay by 15 mins, 30 mins, 1 hour' just get it to keep delaying by an hour every hour? if that is possible.

11. joaomgcd

Very weird indeed. If you long click that notification does it give you the option to turn it off?

12. tgo

tgo Member

No. I tried doing a tasker task where it checks every 5 mins to see if theres a android system notification and block it, I also put into Autontoification a block just for Android System. I've turned off the tasker one as it probably wasn't doing anything, but regardless, something has happened as I don't get any meteor swipe notification now, even after a power down and restart, so whilst I'm not exactly sure how I did it, it seems to work and is persistent. I also added one for the Join one 'click here on Android 10' which appears every time you reboot.