AutoInput Select Strava activity field which changes position and has an almost identical neighbouring field

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Paul C, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Hi,
    I've been using Tasker/AutoInput for a good few years, really happy with just how powerful they are, and I dusted off an old task - I scan an NFC tag, it then starts Glympse and sends a text message to the wife, then starts Strava and initiates a cycling activity.

I use AutoInput to click on "select activity" within Strava, here is where it gets complicated. Strava lists the available activities dynamically, by most recently used (running, cycling, canoeing, you name it, it's there - and there is no way to filter the activities shown, or fix their order).

So the position of the activity I want to select will change, depending on whether I for example went on a run, a bike ride or something else. As a result, I can't use screen coordinates.

Likewise the activity_type_title option seems to select the first activity in the list.

My preferred - and original - option was to use the text. The text for a bicycle ride is "Ride". So far so good. However, there is another (new) Strava activity called "E-Bike Ride", and if I create an AutoInput task to select "Ride", it actually picks up "E-Bike Ride" instead!

So, my question is, is there a way to tell AutoInput to only use the field called "Ride" - ignoring fields where there is more text?

I tried putting inverted commas around the chosen text in AutoInput, but it didn't exclude "E-Bike Ride"

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately there's no good way to do this for now, sorry :( I would need to add more advanced text matching options for it to be possible.

3. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Thanks for looking into it, a particularly fiendish scenario from Strava!

My workaround for the moment is to record everything as a bike ride (not going into select activity: if you click on record directly, the app selects the last used activity).

In practice almost all of my activities will be bike rides - I generally only run when I'm travelling and have no option but to run ;)

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thank you very much for understanding :)