AutoVoice Alexa autovoice skill and Tasker autovoice recognize question

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by himself, Jun 29, 2020.

1. himself

himself New Member

I using the Alexa AutoVoice skill in the following way:

"Alexa, tell autovoice show applications"

In tasker I have a profile set up to use autovoice recognize to respond to that input and send an intent to a bespoke Android service containing all the input.

if I say "Alexa, tell autovoice show applications", nothing happens.

However, if I say "Alexa, tell autovoice show", everything works fine except only the command "show" is sent to my Android service because that was all that was spoken.

Question:

Does Tasker AutoVoice not extract the first word, operate on it, but provide the whole utterance to be processed? What, then are the variables %avwords() , %avcomms, and %avcomms for?

Simply put, I would like the first word to be the trigger and then I want to send the entire input to my Android service in an Intent.

Have I missed something or am I trying to make Tasker and AutoVoice do something they weren't designed to do?

Jim

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  2. himself

himself New Member

Figured out how to do it.

I had setup in the Recognize event to look for specific commands.

That was incorrect for my purpose which explained why AutoVoice only responded when I said the verb like "show".

Instead, I left the commands to look for blank, then the Profile got all of what I said and sent it on to my Android servce.

Jim