AutoInput "click" action error

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by himself, Jul 11, 2020.

1. himself

himself New Member

The error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: AutoInput needs permission to write secure settings. Edit this action and press the (i) button on the top right to find out how to do it.

I am at a loss as to what settings to manipulate. I thought I had them all set properly but apparently not.

Profile responds to BT_CONNECTED event and contains:

Wait 500ms
    Launch App Settings Settings
    Wait 500 ms
    Click on the first list item, "Connections" (this fails error listed above).

The scenerio is when there is a Bluetooth status change I want to change the Mobile HotSpot setting. I have only gotten the task to open settings.

Tasker and Autoinput are running on Android 10 on a Samsung Note 9.

Jim

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  2. himself

himself New Member

Joao,

You can forget the problem mentioned in this post, I figured out the other Tasker components (AutoInput and AutoTools) that needed write_secure_settings permissions set,

Now that I am not getting the error in the original post, I have to figure out why the "click" isn't working, that is, the expected action doesn't happen.

Jim

3. himself

himself New Member

Joao,

This "error" seems to be someplace between Samsung, Android Version 10, and Sprint.

I am running on a Samsung Note 9 using Android 10 with "One UI Version2, on the Sprint network.

Nothing worked, even with all required permissions set, except AutoInput->Click->Point (the coordinates of the toggle) for Mobile Hotspot in Settings->Connections->Mobile Hotspot and Tethering->Mobile Hotspot.

WiFi Tether did nothing but set a notification "WfFi Tether failed", and any attempt to use AutoVoice to click on anything directly related to Mobile Hotspot just did nothing, no error, no timeout.

So, I have what I want, to a point. I have had to assume a starting state. HotSpot off which is assured at Boot and there I set a variable to maintain the state of the HotSpot. Without an event or ability to check the status of the HotSpot directly, this approach is prone to get out of sync.

I'm not suggesting that there is a non-root solution, just offering input.

Jim