AutoWear How to find out correct name of the app to launch on my wear device.

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by flexxx, Apr 3, 2018.

1. flexxx

flexxx New Member

Hey there.
    Really simple question but I can't find the answer to:
    I created a buttons screen with AutoWear including my most often used WearOS Apps via Tasker. I then chose the AutoWear Action Plugin, selected "App" and specified the name of the wear app (e.g. "Keep" or "Flashlight") under "Launch App". For the name to insert, I simply used the name of the apps as written in the WearOS app draw. Easy. Works with most apps. However, with the Apps "Reminders" (the Google Inbox version for WearOS) and "Fit" or "Fit Workout" (also Google apps) it's not working if I just use these names. How can I detect the name of the apps. I already tried to use the System Log option in AutoWear but it does not show up when I start one of these apps in the log. Any other way to find out the "real" name of any app on my watch?
    Thanks a lot!!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hmm, I suspect those are not really apps but actually shortcuts, can that be it? Can you maybe look in logcat if there's an intent that's launched when you open those?

3. eDs

eDs New Member

I also need help with this. Have a huawei watch 2 and app callex Workout wont start. Its called from huawei health

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

4. Tater1727

Tater1727 New Member

Trying to open the Reminders app. Can't seem to get it to work either. Or any non system app for that matter.