Open Paid for premium but nothing works

Discussion in 'Join' started by John Doe55, Aug 25, 2020.

1. John Doe55

John Doe55 New Member

I bought premium and want to use Join on my Desktop Browser (Brave Browser) and on my Xiaomi Mi 9t smartphone but none of the features work. I can't send any commands from desktop to Mobile and I can't send anything from Mobile to Desktop. The encryption key on both is the same so I don't really know what the problem is.

2. John Doe55

John Doe55 New Member

bump.
    I now have no encryption key on my phone nor my desktop browser and I still am locked out of using most functions, (again) like screenshot, write in apps, send a file (both ways)...Why is this? I would much rather use an encryption key so not everybody can figure out what traffic goes between my phone and computer but even without one a lot of functions do not work for whatever reason.

Phone: Xiaomi mi 9t
    Browser: Brave (Windows 10) [Google notifications pushing enabled]

3. John Doe55

John Doe55 New Member

So I guess after multiple posts, and about 2 and a half months of waiting there is just no fix to this? Paid money so I could use the full app and support Join and there is no support from the other way? I am aware of the Corona crisis and that it makes everybody's lives more difficult, but just a simple "Join probably won't work with Brave Browser" or "Something with your Join instal is messed up and makes it not work" is too hard? Because Join does. not. work.
    Pushing notifications from mobile to desktop browser doesn't work, making a screenshot on mobile via desktop browser or screen recording doesn't work, open an app doesn't work, write in app doesn't work, etc....

Paid money just to have an app not work?

4. John Doe55

John Doe55 New Member

Bump Joaoa, Still hoping on a reply from you to possibly finally get Join working (been waiting since June 13, day I made this account and still no proper support)

5. BmoreB

BmoreB New Member

From what I've experienced, Brave Browser extension doesn't work as it doesn't have access to Google Cloud Messaging servers.

I've tried running a severely stripped down google chrome in the background only to run the Join extension and have it forward to EventGhost. That seems to work.

I've also tried doing away with Chrome extension and running the Windows 10 app and passing those events on to EventGhost, but for some reason if I send anything directly to the Windows 10 app, it seems like it's encrypted and I can't decrypt.

6. John Doe55

John Doe55 New Member

I have long given up on Join and regret giving any money to this project just to have it not work. I was thinking about getting the Windows 10 app but that costs more money and I just don't feel like giving more money to something I already bought for a chance of maybe getting it to work.
    Very sad that I can't keep using Join as I like the idea, but untill it actually works I just won't use it anymore.

7. MXKM

MXKM New Member

Nothing working anymore!

8. J Kellum

J Kellum New Member

All the features work fine for me. Are you using the Chrome Extension or Web?