AutoLocation Garage door opening - door opens when driving away

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Paul Smedley, May 6, 2019.

1. Paul Smedley

Paul Smedley New Member

Hi All,

I'm using Tasker to automate the opening of my garage door, based on the example in the video using a 'Home - Large' geofence to trigger GPS, then a 'Home - Small' the garage door opening.

Problem is that very occasionally, when I leave home, Tasker triggers the 'Home - Small' as I'm driving away and I don't notice until I get an alert later telling me the garage door has been open too long.

Any suggestions on how to avoid this?

Cheers,

Paul

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Maybe you can do this:
    • when entering the big geofence enable the small geofence's profile
    • when entering the small geofence, disable the small geofence's profile at the end of the task
    That way the small geofence task will only be triggered when you come home, and not after you're already there :)

Tom Michael likes this.
  3. duckredbeard

duckredbeard New Member

Does Tasker know if the garage door is opened or closed? My thinking is that if you get the status update that the door is opening as you drive away, you could correct it.

I have a task that fires when I get home but only if I have been at work. That %WASATWORK variable is set when I get to work. Kind of a way to ensure the profile won't fire erroneously.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  4. Felicityges

Felicityges New Member

Never had this issue with Tasker. Sounds surreal honestly if not funny. If you're going to reconfigure everything I think it will work much better for you. We did have a little misunderstanding with this application when it came to our house renovation last summer. We decided to change all our windows as they were extremely old and almost rotten. The replacement was wooden sash windows that were installed in a matter of hours.For an unknown reason though, this created issues with the garage door which we couldn't figure out till we called the company that installed it.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
: Garage Door