AutoVoice Microphone hardware suggestion

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Benrjunk, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Benrjunk

Benrjunk New Member

Hi,

I'm using autovoice & tasker on an android tablet to control the lights (insteon) and music (squeezebox) in my family room/kitchen. It's working great.

Google Now triggers and hears my commands well, but only when the tablet is close to me. I'd like to get a microphone that I can put on my mantle or mount in the ceiling of the room that will connect to the tablet (either bluetooth or hardwire) and improve the range over which I can send commands.

Do you have any suggestions for such microphone hardware?

Thanks for a great piece of software!

Ben

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions but maybe other users here do. :) Good luck!

3. MysticGolem

MysticGolem New Member

I am going to be experimenting with this in a similar way with my car.
    For example if Autovoice Continuous is running, only my phone's mic can listen.
    However my car has Bluetooth built-in and there's a mic above my head.
    I would much rather have my car's mic be used instead of my phone's mic, especially when my phone is in my pocket.

I think there are some settings within Autovoice to do this, but I am not sure.

My guess is that you would need a Bluetooth mic or a Bluetooth headset (don't wear it) and you can place the item on your mantle.

I'm gonna make a quick test of this when I get into my car...although it is -10 degrees Celsius in Canada...lol