AutoVoice AutoVoice triggers too quickly to catch anything

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Best99, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Best99

Best99 New Member

Hi,
    I've played with AutoVoice for a week and it's amazing program. I'm trying to create few profiles to help me operate Goggle Navigation without hands. My setup works almost perfectly when I test it outside of my vehicle. However when my phone is connected to stereo through Bluetooth I have problems. One is AutoVoice Recognize uses bluetooth connection randomly which could be a problem with my stereo but I can't find a way to stop it from happening. I'm ok with communication through phone itself only. Then there is another issue. Pretty often especially when working through Bluetooth when it starts listening and hears quick sound at the beginning it cuts off right away before I can start talking. Is there any setting to force it to listen for a minimum period of time?
    Thank you

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately there's no such setting sorry. :( Would you say that happens when there's a lot of noise around? Did you try talking louder and see if that's better? Sorry for the trouble

3. Best99

Best99 New Member

Talking louder helps a bit but still pain in the back. Is there any way to force AutoVoice to use phone's mic instead of Bluetooth connection? The worst thing it does it randomly. But it behaves better when using phone's mic.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

4. joaomgcd

Yes, it should use the phone mic if you don't select the option to listen with BT headset. Does it not do that for you?

5. Best99

Best99 New Member

Option is not selected. I guess it's my head unit. It has voice search option and when AutoVoice is initiated I guess it gets triggered so I will have to find a workaround here. I can't turn my bluetooth off because it's my condition for car profile. Oh well I'll find something

6. joaomgcd

Sorry I couldn't be of much help. Hope you get it!

7. MysticGolem

MysticGolem New Member

From my experience BT and Car, when you enable Autovoice Continuous, it will use your phone's mic. Make sure your phone is placed somewhere where it can hear you.

As joaomgcd there is an option to have the BT mic in your car listen to you. I have not tested this myself. I'll try and test this today.

: autovoice