AutoRemote Can't backup

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by CreigS, Mar 19, 2015.

1. CreigS

CreigS New Member

In AutoRemote app, I thought it'd be a good idea to save the URL for my device, so it would be restored after the inevitable master reset. Tried to use app settings menu for this. Responds saying I must log in to Google Drive. Nowhere in the AutoRemote app can I find a place to enter login info for Google Drive. My Google Drive app seems to already be logged in. What can I do? (Actually, I'd rather use Dropbox, but again, nowhere in AutoRemote is there a way to set that.)

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

When you open the app you should be asked to choose an account from your phone. Does that popup not appear? Also, does a notification not appear allowing you to choose an account when you try to back up? Thanks

3. jenllip

jenllip New Member

I just installed AutoRemote and am having the same problem. The "choose account" dialogue did pop up when I first opened the app and I selected my main google account. When I try to back up, however, it says I'm not logged in and there is no new popup dialogue to log in to anything.

(Ultimately, like OP, I would prefer Dropbox over Google Drive, but whatever)

4. Dumaru

Dumaru New Member

I have been receiving this message as well. It asked for my Google account on first opening of App. I selected the correct one, then it asked for Device Name, then showed the Version Screen with OK and Close. Here is more information on errors.(I wonder if issue is Google needs us to say "Yes give this app access to my account"?)

Backup URL Error : "Can't backup: Login Required"
    Restore URL Error : "Can't restore: Daily Limit for Unauthenticated Use Exceeded. Continue use Requires Signup."

AutoRemote Logs:
    version 3.0.43

OS Build LMY47X.N920VVRU2AOJ3
    OS Code 22
    Device SM-N920V
    Manufacturer samsung
    Product nobleltevzw

Google Authentication - 2016-03-21 11:11:34.561 - com.google.android.gms.auth.UserRecoverableNotifiedException: User intervention required. Notification has been pushed.
    Google Authentication - 2016-03-21 11:11:34.036 - com.google.android.gms.auth.UserRecoverableNotifiedException: User intervention required. Notification has been pushed.
    Google Authentication - 2016-03-21 11:11:33.611 - com.google.android.gms.auth.UserRecoverableNotifiedException: User intervention required. Notification has been pushed.
    Google Authentication - 2016-03-21 11:11:33.090 - com.google.android.gms.auth.UserRecoverableNotifiedException: User intervention required. Notification has been pushed.
    Google Authentication - 2016-03-21 11:11:30.743 - com.google.android.gms.auth.UserRecoverableNotifiedException: User intervention required. Notification has been pushed.

5. joaomgcd

Did you get a notification that is prompting you to sign-in?

6. Dumaru

Dumaru New Member

Yes, it asked for the google account to log into. Issue seems to be gone now that I reinstalled it after a cache wipe of the app before uninstall. It can't seem to reach google play for achievements though, but I do not mind that haha.

7. joaomgcd

Ok, glad that part is fixed :) I'm still trying to figure out the google play stuff sorry