Help with intents

Discussion in 'Tasker' started by Daniel D, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Daniel D

Daniel D Member

I'm trying to better integrate Time Recording with Tasker and I'm having problems making the intents work (I never understood intents too well, but that's another story).
    Here is a description of the intents. What I'm trying to achieve is getting information from Time Recording and, from what I understood, I would have to call <com.dynamicg.timerecording.GET_INFO> intent then wait for an answer on <com.dynamicg.timerecording.RESULT> intent (information got from the example).
    Can please someone help me with this?
    Thanks!

2. Daniel D

Daniel D Member

Nobody?

3. RiseUp

RiseUp New Member

I've never used Time Recording and I am also a beginner with intents. However, maybe we can figure this out with some more information. Can you post your Tasker tasks with what you have so far?

4. Insanity

Insanity New Member

The app states that it has Tasker plugin support. So...can you not get the info you need with the Tasker plugin support that is offered? Seems a bit counter intuitive to use intents like this for an app that claims it has Tasker support already. If by chance you can't get the info you need with the built in Tasker plugin support, seems it would be smarter to ask the developer to make it easier to query the info you want from Tasker.

Edit: Nvm, I now see the developer only offers the built in plugin via the Pro version. And you have to do it manually with the free version. I'll look into it some myself and see if I can get it working. Been looking for a decent (easy) way of tracking time for various tasks.

5. Insanity

Insanity New Member

Daniel D likes this.
  6. Daniel D

Daniel D Member

Insanity, thank you! I'll give a try to that! It's not really straight forward as I have to dig into importing from XML files, but it's surely helpful.
    Are you using Time Recording or any other similar application?
    RiseUp, sorry for not answering you sooner but I've been busy lately. I had not example to post as the only thing I need is to somehow trigger pulling values (like current task time or when 8 hours are due) into Tasker variables.

: intents