AutoWear Headphones Notification on Your Watch

Create a notification that allows you to launch and play your favorite headphone apps when inserted

1. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

joaomgcd submitted a new AutoApps project:

Headphones Notification on Your Watch - Create a notification that allows you to launch and play your favorite headphone apps when inserted

Read more about this project...

2. joaomgcd

How doesn't it work? What happens when it doesn't work?

3. MrSmeeth

MrSmeeth New Member

I've just subscribed to all of the AutoApps and this is the first tutorial I tried with it.
    It works like an absolute dream with my Moto 360!

I can't believe how powerful it is and well made your apps are. I mean, you even have achievements in them....
    Massive massive kudos to you.

Jonatan likes this.
  4. joaomgcd

Thank you very much @MrSmeeth :) Glad you're enjoying it!

MrSmeeth likes this.
  5. jjdoyle20

jjdoyle20 New Member

This project has been working great for me for a few days but lately AutoLaunch has been forgetting the nicknames I've been setting for "AutoWear music". Sometimes the notification will appear and only one app will be there (should be 3), sometimes no apps are there.
    I have auto-refresh turned on in AutoLaunch, does that clear the nicknames when, say, an app is updated?

6. joaomgcd

That shouldn't be happening. Can you confirm that that's the issue? Would be great if you could reproduce the nickname erasing behaviour so I could try and replicate it and fix it. I can't get it to do that myself... Thanks in advance! :)

7. jjdoyle20

jjdoyle20 New Member

I reset my nicknames and updated one of the apps. The nicknames are still there. But interestingly, when I went to look at the app list in AutoLaunch, about half of the apps were missing. It only seemed to load about the first half of the apps (I have an absurd number of apps). After a force-refresh, it loaded all 190 apps.

I did not have the presence of mind to check where the cutoff was or how many apps loaded, but I can keep an eye on it in the future. The three apps I nicknamed are Google Play Music, PocketCasts, and Smart AudioBook Player.

8. joaomgcd

Thanks. I also haven't been able to track that down. Hope to catch this bug in the future

9. K.ruggles

K.ruggles New Member

Love your app! worked on the first try setting it up, and then I fiddled with something, didn't work. Restarted again, all works well but now it just doesn't auto play. Loads up the app just fine, but doesn't initiate playback. Rdio, Spotify, Play Music.

Any help?

thanks!

10. joaomgcd

Try to re-import the version from here. :) You probably changed something that makes it not work anymore. Hope you get it.

11. K.ruggles

K.ruggles New Member

Hey João, thanks for the response. Import it from here? where exactly? looked all around the forum, can't find a download. I did re-import the original xml file and again same problem. It just doesn't automatically play for some reason, let alone initiate playback from my watch.

12. joaomgcd

Oh, sorry! My mistake! I thought this was a project with a xml file attached. Do you know exactly what part isn't working? Did you import the AutoShare intents again?

YogaG likes this.
  13. YogaG

YogaG New Member

I just imported and tried this project today. It initally didn't work for me as well. Wasn't responding to touches from the watch. Finally figured out that I needed to import the autoshare intent. Works perfectly fine now.

The problem I have now is how to stop and autoclose the currently running app.

K.ruggles likes this.
  14. joaomgcd

To stop you can just take your headphones out or use the Stop Down and Stop Up intents for autoshare.
    To close the app use "Go Home" action in Tasker or this task.

15. YogaG

YogaG New Member

Thanks, that's exactly what Ive been doing using the home action but for app like Google Music the app still appears in the notifications and lock screen

16. joaomgcd

You could use AutoNotification to cancel that notification :)

17. K.ruggles

K.ruggles New Member

Got it!!! works like a drrrrrream! thank you! And thank you for all your hard work ^_^

18. joaomgcd

19. Husk

Husk New Member

Could anybody atach or send me project in xml?