AutoInput AutoInput accessiblity helper keeps off after restart

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by bgx, Dec 14, 2015.

1. bgx

bgx New Member

Im on a rooted Huawei Mate S and after reboot everytime the accessiblity helper keeps off. How can I prevent this?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Is there something on your system that might be killing other apps possibly?

3. Ghoria

Ghoria New Member

I have a similar problem, my device turns off Autoinput Accessibility Services now and then.

It does not happen often, but when this happened, my scripts failed. To fix this, I inserted a check routine at the start of all my autoinput scripts. Basically an UI Query with a subsequent check of the returned values. If no data is returned, I abend the script with a message that says, accessibility might be off. This solved the problem somewhat. I mean, 80% of it.

But there are still some cases where an UI Query returns no results although accessibility is on. I guess this happens when the UI Query is called while a text panel is being loaded or something like that. So I inserted a bunch of waits and retries, which made my check routine work close to 100%. But now my Accessibility check routine became unpleasantly slow, it takes close to 10 seconds.

Bottom line: I think Autoinput should provide an Accessibility services check function that returns a result in an instant.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  4. joaomgcd

You can set a text in UI query so that it only returns when that text is present. Would that fix it for you?

5. Ghoria

Ghoria New Member

Well, that's exactly what I'm doing in my check routine, and that's what takes so long due to the problem described in this thread:
    http://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?threads/often-actions-dont-fire.838/

The problem is, I.need to invoke a specific settings panel before I can run an UI query against it. Otherwise, I would not know what text to wait for.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  6. Ghoria

Ghoria New Member

Recently.my phone got updated with a new ROM version. Ever since that, the phone keeps disabling autoinput accessibility services very frequently, like, 5 times a day. As a result, my autoinput scripts became practically useless.

Therefore, I'd again humbly suggest to implement an autoinput function call that allows me to check the accessibility status, so I can deal with the problem in my scripts in an orderly manner.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  7. Ghoria

Ghoria New Member

I've got news. My phone appears to turn off accessibility for an app whenever that app gets removed from memory.

I have found a solution that works really well for me.

I have locked the Autoinput app in memory so that Android's memory management cannot kill it ever. BINGO! No more loss of accessibility services.

The drawback is, this solution needs root plus a special memory locker app.

8. joaomgcd

thanks for the feedback