JOIN OUR CHAT GROUPS NOW!

If you are a fan of Tasker and want to be aware of the latest news, tips and tricks, have doubts, or would like to help who needs it, join us!

TASKER PROFILE CENTER IS ON PATREON.COM NOW!

If you like my projects and want to support me, now you can do it by becoming my Patron.

STAY UPDATED ABOUT TPC PROJECTS IN A MORE DIRECT WAY!

With the new Tasker Projects Tracker project made by @SmartPhoneLover you can stay up-to-date with our latest work.

Showing posts sorted by relevance for query Android Pie Screen Brightness Workaround. Sort by date Show all posts
Showing posts sorted by relevance for query Android Pie Screen Brightness Workaround. Sort by date Show all posts

Saturday, August 10, 2019

[PROJECT] Android Pie Screen Brightness Workaround v1.2

DESCRIPTION
As some users reported having problems with the Display Brightness action on Android Pie, on the latest Tasker v5.8.2 version, I have made a workaround task that may help these users.

You can track the issue on:
· Reddit (thread)
· tasker.helprace (ticket)

* The problem, in the end, was discarded by Joao, so there will be no other than to use this project to modify the brightness in those devices that present that abnormal functioning. Sorry.

This project includes an Initial Setup task that needs to be executed when it is imported from TaskerNet
(It can be deleted after imported)

Notes:
- Go here to learn more about how Android Pie now manages the screen brightness function.
- Not all people are experiencing the same situation. Some tells that is working fine, between correct and normal range (0-255). But others reports that Android is managing the brightness level far out of range, like: 0-1200.
- To make the Tasker to set 0 level correctly on some devices, you will have to grant the 'WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS' permission to Tasker. Or have root.
- To use the automated version (B), root will be required.

CREDITS
@SmartPhoneLover

CHANGELOG
- New: Added a separate version for users that want to automate getting min and max values. (recommended only if values changes on every device boot, as reported by some users) (root needed)
- Other: All switched to Project type.
- Other: Added missing task labels (notes) to guide the user how to proceed.
- Other: minor changes.

DOWNLOAD
Manual
Project (XML)
Project (TaskerNet)
Automated
Project (XML)
Project (TaskerNet)

DOWNLOAD (Ads Supported)
Manual
Project (XML)
Project (TaskerNet)
Automated
Project (XML)
Project (TaskerNet)

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

[PROJECT] Android Pie Screen Brightness Workaround v1.3

DESCRIPTION
As some users reported having problems with the Display Brightness action on Android Pie, I have made a workaround task that may help these users.

· Reddit (thread)

* The problem, in the end, was discarded by Joao, so there will be no other than to use this project (or your own method) to modify the brightness in those devices that present that abnormal functioning. Sorry.

This project includes an Initial Setup task that needs to be executed when it is imported from TaskerNet, or when the dev considers it is needed even not imported from TaskerNet.

Notes:
- Thanks to @mehPhone (Reddit) for contributing, @gerardo246and and @JavierAlbalat for testing.
- Go here to learn more about how Android Pie now manages the screen brightness function.
- Not all people are experiencing the same situation. Some tells that is working fine, between correct and normal range (0-255). But others reports that Android is managing the brightness level far out of range, like: 0-4095.
- To allow the project to set 0 (or lower = -15, ie) level correctly on some devices, you will have to grant the 'WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS' permission to Tasker. Or have root.

CREDITS
@SmartPhoneLover
@gerardo246
@JavierAlbalat
@mehPhone

CHANGELOG
- New: Different method to get min/max values (no root nor special permissions needed). (Thanks to @mehPhone from Reddit for sharing)
- Other: As min/max values can be retrieved without the need of root or special permissions, there's no need to get/set any of these values anymore.
- Other: Re-worked 'Initial Setup' task.
- Other: Other minor changes.

DOWNLOAD
Manual
Project (XML)
Project (TaskerNet)
Automated
Project (XML)
Project (TaskerNet)

DOWNLOAD (Ads Supported)
Manual
Project (XML)
Project (TaskerNet)
Automated
Project (XML)
Project (TaskerNet)

Thursday, August 8, 2019

[TASK] Android Pie Screen Brightness Workaround v1.0

DESCRIPTION
As some users reported having problems with the Display Brightness action on Android Pie, on the latest Tasker v5.8.2 version, I have made a workaround task that may help these users.

· Reddit (thread)

Notes:
- Not all people are experiencing the same situation. Some tells that is working fine, between correct and normal ranks (0-255). But others reports that Android is managing the brightness level far out of range, like: 0-1200.
- I have bundled all the tasks into a single project file, so import it as a project.

CREDITS
@SmartPhoneLover

DOWNLOAD
Task (XML)
Task (TaskerNet)

DOWNLOAD (Ads Supported)
Task (XML)
Task (TaskerNet)

[TASK] Android Pie Screen Brightness Workaround v1.1

DESCRIPTION

· Reddit (thread)

Notes:
- Not all people are experiencing the same situation. Some tells that is working fine, between correct and normal ranks (0-255). But others reports that Android is managing the brightness level far out of range, like: 0-1200.
- I have bundled all the tasks into a single project file, so import it as a project.

CREDITS
@SmartPhoneLover

CHANGELOG
- Fix: Not applying the correct value if '0' was sent. (to make it work, root or at least 'WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS' permission is needed for Tasker)

DOWNLOAD
Task (XML)
Task (TaskerNet)

DOWNLOAD (Ads Supported)
Task (XML)
Task (TaskerNet)