After creating this you'll be able to make different App shortcuts appear depending on where you're at home or away from home.
For example, if you're at home you could want to shortcuts to open the Yatse and Cloud Console apps:
But if you're away you may want the Reddit and Podcasts apps:
STEP 1 - WHEN CONNECTED TO WIFI SET HOME APPS
You can find an app's package name by going to their google play page. For example, this is the Google Play page for AutoTools:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joaomgcd.autotools The package name is at the end after id=: com.joaomgcd.autotools
- Create a new profile in Tasker with the Wifi Connected condition and set the network to your own Wifi Network
- In the task add an AutoTools App Shortcuts action
- Set Short Labels to Yatse,Cloud Console
- Set the Icons for the corresponding apps
- Set the Commands to the corresponding app package names
By setting this Command prefix you're making sure that when an app shortcut is tapped a command like launch=:=packagename will be sent to AutoApps. For example, if you tap the Yatse shortcut, the command launch=:=org.leetzone.android.yatsewidgetfree should be sent
- Set the Command Prefix under Advanced to launch
STEP 2 - WHEN AWAY SET OTHER APPS
- Add an Exit Task to the profile
- Repeat the above procedure but for your favorite Reddit and Podcast apps
STEP 3 - LAUNCH APPS PROFILE
This will create an %apppackage variable in the task with whatever is on the right of =:= which in this case will be the select app's package name.
- Create a new profile with the AutoApps Command event condition
- Set the Command Filter to launch=:=
- Set the Variable Names to apppackage
- In the task add Flash action with the text launching %apppackage
- Add an AutoLaunch action and set Package Name under Advanced to %apppackage
- Enable the Exact Package Name option
- Back out of Tasker to save
STEP 4 - TEST HOME AND AWAY
If you now connect to the wifi network specified in Step 1 you'll see the home app shortcuts when long-touching AutoTools.
If you disconnect from that wifi network you'll see the away apps.