Force connection to wifi network while at work even if phone tries to connect to other networks

Learn how you can make your phone always connect to the same networks if it wants otherwise

1. joaomgcd
    Sometimes your phone has a will of its own and keeps changing wifi networks on you even if you want to stay on a particular network.

This will allow to make sure that your phone always connects to the network you want.

STEP 1 - SET VARIABLE THAT CORRESPONDS TO THE CONDITION YOU WANT

(i) In this example I want to always connect to my Dias Quarto wifi network while I'm at work so I start by setting a global %Work variable to 1 when I'm near the Dias Quarto network. In my particular situation this network only exists while I'm working so the Wifi Near condition is a good condition to check if I'm at work. You may want to use some other condition, like a location or time based condition.

• Create a new Tasker profile with the Wifi Near state condition
    • Set the SSID field to the name of your work network name
    • Accept and create the entry task
    • In the Task set %Work variable to 1
    • Accept the task
    • Add an Exit Task
    • In the Exit Task clear the %Work variable with the Variable Clear action
    (i) You could've used this condition in conjuction with the condition in the next step. I just wanted to create it separately because in some situations determining if you're at work is more complicated that this, so this is a good template for any situation: Just set the %Work variable to 1 when you're at work (whatever condition that may be) and the rest will work as described here.

STEP 2 - CONNECT TO WANTED NETWORK IF NOT CONNECTED TO IT

• Add a new profile with the Wifi Connected condition
    • Check the Invert checkbox
    • Create an entry Task
    • Add an AutoTools Connectivity action
    • Accept the task

STEP 3 - ONLY RECONNECT WHILE AT WORK

• Add a Variable State condition to this last profile
    • Set it as Work matches 1
    (i) This will only make AutoTools reconnect to the network if you're at work at the moment the network is disconnected.

Recent Reviews

1. R4V3N_2010
    R4V3N_2010
    5/5,
    Exactly what i need because my phone drops the wifi connection all the time. Thank you