This project will help you to keep your device in your pocket while on the street, gym, or wherever you are, by using the button of your headset (or BT headset) to perform whatever action you would like.
These are the available versions:
• Demo Version: If what you want is to import a clean version of the project to fully custimize it from 0, use this one. It doesn't include any specific action (opposite of mine), but just a set of 3 groups of actions as a generic implementation.
• Personal Version: If you would like to import a fully functional project, use this one. It includes all those actions that I currently use on my device, like: get current date and time, call a contact, check battery level, start/stop playing music, and maybe more, depending on my needs and tastes.
This project includes an Initial Setup task that needs to be executed when it is imported from TaskerNet, or when the dev considers it is needed even not imported from TaskerNet.
- Thanks to @plepleus and @Ratchet_Guy (Reddit) for the calendar base task (reference), @abhishekabhi789 and @gerardo246 for helping on building the project.
- To use this project you will need the AutoInput plugin, a TTS Engine (+ voice package) of your choise (IVONA TTS, if interested), and grant the 'android.permission.SET_MEDIA_KEY_LISTENER' permission to Tasker, if requested (guide). (These requirements are the basic ones for both projects versions)
- If the 'Personal Version' contains any error, I won't update the project just due to that. I will only release a new public version (including my current 'Personal Version') if the bug(s) affects the 'Demo Version' in terms of base functionatily. Sorry.
- It is highly recommended to disable media button listeners for music apps, or any other app you could have for this kind. Otherwise, the project may interfere with those apps, if not configured on it.
- To abort the current action, press the button (single tap) while the TTS engine is speaking. It will cause the entire task to be stopped and return to the previous state: 'Waiting for button pressed events...'.