To complete this tutorial make sure you already created an AutoWear voice screen on your wear device. To do so, simply follow the built-in Setup Wizard in AutoWear. If you want to go through the wizard again, in AutoWear go to Help -> Setup Wizard.
You can replace the action to toggle the light here with any action you like. The main purpose of this tutorial is to show you how to react to the command, not exactly what you do with it
STEP 1 - CREATE PROFILE
To react to any command in AutoWear you need to setup a new Tasker profile with the "AutoWear Command" event condition. This example uses a voice command, but it could be any command performed by a screen, floating icon, notification, etc.
- Create a new Tasker profile
- Select Event->Plugin->AutoWear and edit the condition
- In the command filter write "bedroom light"
- Check the "Exact" optionChecking "Exact" will make this condition only trigger when the received command is exactly "bedroom light". It will not trigger with the command "toggle bedroom light" for example.
You could use an "AutoVoice Recognized" event here instead of the AutoWear condition. AutoVoice allows for better and more advanced voice command processing. Check it out here.
- Accept these settings and create a new Task
STEP 2 - TOGGLE LIGHT
- Add an "AutoVera Devices" Tasker action
- Select your Vera and the light you want to toggle
- Under "Service" select "Common Device"
- Under "Action" select "Toggle"
- Accept these settings and go back to the task
STEP 3 - BACK OUT OF TASKER TO SAVE
Now if you bring up an AutoWear voice screen on your watch and say "bedroom light", the light you selected will be toggled.
- Make sure you back out of Tasker to save your settings.