Open Access to MaaS360 Mail notifications?

Discussion in 'Join' started by r3nditi0n, Jul 28, 2018.

1. r3nditi0n

r3nditi0n New Member

Long time Join user - love the app and functionality it provides but running into some challenges using it with a new corporate device I received.

MaaS360 from IBM is a corporate MDM platform used to provide secure access to enterprise tools like email, calendar etc. Just received a new corporate device which requires this platform to gain access to my work email. It acts as a container that houses the various productivity tools allowed by the business - Mail, Calendar, Directory and so on.

The problem is Join only recognizes the primary Maas360 app/container in the ”Notification Applications” list, not the sub apps housed in the container such as MaaS360 Mail, MaaS360 Calendar etc... Selecting the container app doesn't allow Join to access notifications originating from the sub apps so I am unable to push these to my other Join devices as I would like.

It sounds like various smart watch products have in the past had similar issues accessing the notifications of MaaS360 sub apps to enable them to push notifications to the user's watch display but searching the web is sounds like a number of them have resolved it so it should be possible for Join to access them in a similar manner.

Are there any plans on adding notification support for MaaS360 and other container style MDM tools? I cant use Join to push my work email notifications to my personal device without it.

Thanks!
    Mike

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Unfortunately I don't have experience with that platform and know nothing about it :(

When you say "container" do you mean that you have to login to a different account to use it?

3. r3nditi0n

r3nditi0n New Member

Just set Join up on a new phone and noticed the MaaS360 sub/child apps are now showing in the Notification Applications list! I can now get notifications on work emails sent to my personal device! Not sure if it was intentional or not but just wanted to say thanks for figuring out and adding in that functionality. Just purchased a second unlock for the new device as a result.

4. r3nditi0n

r3nditi0n New Member

Actually, while Mail (the most important one) is showing in the list, the Calendar app isn't for some reason.

The "Notification Applications" list on my device goes:
    MaaS360
    MaaS360 Docs
    Maas360 Mail
    MaaS360 Secure Editor

It used to only show the first one and selecting it did nothing. Since I looked yesterday the above list is what now shows and selecting the Mail one works which is awesome, however the next most important one, MaaS360 Calendar, is missing - would be great if I could get my calendar notifications and reminders too through Join. There are a few other apps from the MaaSS360 container that aren't showing as well, such as Tasks, Contacts, Notes, etc. but I would say Mail and Calendar are the most important, at least for my use case. Mail now works, just need to get Calendar and I'm set!

Thanks,
    Mike

5. r3nditi0n

r3nditi0n New Member

Okay quick update.

Just noticed I AM getting calendar notifications from Join by having the MaaS360 Mail application selected and nothing else from the Notification Applications list. So perhaps Callendar and Mail are somehow bundled together at least as far as MaaS360 is concerned? In any case, I happy it's working and I seem to be set now. Just wanted to share the new observation.

Mike

6. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thank you very much for letting me know! :)