AutoBluetooth Add Address field?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Mr.K, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Mr.K

Mr.K New Member

AutoBluetooth is a great idea. But in my opinion it should have an optional address field as well. I'm planning to use beacons and other BT sources in my house to decide where I am (or my phone is) and act accordingly, but as long as their BT ranges are overlapping, AutoBluetooth comes up short. Even if I use it together with a BT Near context with a specified address, the profile will activate as long as that address is seen and some device – any device – that is not explicitly excluded is close enough for the AutoBluetooth signal strength context to be true.

Let's say I have a beacon on my nightstand, where I want my phone to enter the do-not-disturb-mode. To have that work, I would need a BT Near context with its address and an AutoBluetooth context with a very high minimum signal strength. This would make the profile trigger when I put my phone on my nightstand. But if I'm in my living room by my stereo, which also has BT, and the beacon range reaches the same position, the profile would also trigger if I'm close enough to my stereo, which would not be a good thing.

If I'm doing something wrong, let me know. Otherwise, please consider including this in a future update. :)

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for your feedback :)

Yes, AutoBluetooth is still very early and it will certainly get a lot of new stuff once it's updated.

Thanks again!

JimDijkstra86NL and Mr.K like this.