AutoVoice Alexa Virtual Device working but getting response "device not responding"

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Guy Perry, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Guy Perry

Guy Perry New Member

I successfully created a virtual device in Autovoice and Alexa identified it and added it to the device list. I also successfully created a profile and task in Tasker that responds to this device.

My problem is that when I tell Alexa to interact with the virtual device, she does it but then says "device did not respond", even though it worked.

Thanks.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

So everything works, but Alexa says it didn't respond?

3. Guy Perry

Guy Perry New Member

Correct.

4. joaomgcd

Did you try removing and re-adding that device in AutoVoice? Or refreshing devices in Alexa?

5. Guy Perry

Guy Perry New Member

I just did both things, but I am still getting the same response from Alexa. But it is actually working.

6. Askajia

Askajia New Member

I have the same problem but in addition to the "not responding" message, I can't specify a task like "set light to 20%" in the alexa app while making a routine. It is not possible to select anything the device is supposed to do. It works only if I say "Set <device> to 20%" or something but I wanted to use a routine.

Edit: Ok, so I found out what was wrong. Alexa always would discover the AutoVoice device as a lamp but I also enabled volume control, etc. in the AutoVoice app. When I only enable on/off, brightness and color, it works like a charm. I guess it has maybe something to do with the "german Alexa" not supporting volume or media control on other devices?!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  7. Sterling Poteat

Sterling Poteat New Member

I'm having the same issue, I have created an Autovoice Smart Home device that Turn On/Off, Set Channel, Set Color, and Set Input. When I select the Autovoice device in my Alexa routine, I only get the Action Turn On/Off and Set Color. I really want to Set Input and/or Set Channel. Why are these actions not showing up. (In the description of the Alexa Autovoice skill you indicate that this is a feature). Also when commanding the Alexa is in "Alexa, ask Autovoice AV Television to set channel to 2", Alexa says that it sent the command but it does not run the Tasker profile that I have set up. But adding the Autovoice smart device to a routine and calling the routine, it runs the Tasker profile. Please help

8. joaomgcd

Can you please let me know which capabilities you gave the device when you created it?

: alexa