AutoVoice Any chance it could pick commands spoken to Voice?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by douglasrac, Jun 17, 2015.

1. douglasrac

douglasrac New Member

Hi,

I use Galaxy Note 3 and it only wake up the device when I say Hi Galaxy which brings Samsung S Voice. Any chance AutoVoice could pick text spoken to S Voice instead of Google Now?

Thahim likes this.
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Not right now, no, but maybe you could use Tasker to detect you're in that app, and when you are, back out of it and start AutoVoice recognition? :)

3. douglasrac

douglasrac New Member

Well what it happens right now is that it goes back out of it and goes to Google Now. So that problem is solved, but takes more time than just get voice direct from S Voice.

I don't use any of Google now commands. I only use commands I created with Auto Voice, so I don't really need any of that, just give the actual command, which is impossible to do with screen off on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 without S Voice.

4. joaomgcd

Does the voice command appear written somewhere on the screen after you speak? Maybe you can capture that with AutoInput?

5. douglasrac

douglasrac New Member

Yes it does, just like google now.

6. joaomgcd

Have you tried using AutoInput UI query on it? :)

7. douglasrac

douglasrac New Member

No, but I will. But I think its not a good work around, because when I give a command that Tasker will understand with AutoInput, S Voice wont and that will trigger a search on that. Its like 2 programs fighting to do different things based on 1 command.

8. joaomgcd

You can back out S Voice with AutoInput too in that case. Use the AutoInput Global Actions Tasker action. Hope this helps.

9. Santaclauswitz

Santaclauswitz New Member

I was looking for something else and stumbled upon this..... I'm also a note 3 owner, though I'm no real fan of s voice. The one thing it does very well is bypass the lock screen/key guard. On my device after saying hi galaxy and it loading up s voice I then either have to say hi galaxy or press the Mic button. This annoyed me muchly! Though it might actually be handy to exploit. If your note acts the same way then why not have tasker have s voice as the profile condition and just have a task to launch recognize. This way if your screen is off you can say hi galaxy once and when. If however hi galaxy automatically starts your phones Mic on loading s voice then try an app called ‘s for switch voice'. That uses the hi galaxy command but once the screen is on and the key guard bypassed it loads ok Google, I'm thinking of giving it a go for myself. Jaoa this app says it works on Samsung devices with lollipop and I know we've had a conversation about it being difficult getting past the lock screen on lollipop devices like the note 4. This app might be useful to recommend to Samsung autovoice users!

10. joaomgcd

@Santaclauswitz thanks for the tip! Have you tried to use the S voice condition then in the task use the "Voice Command" action in Tasker? That should start Google Now :)

: samsung