AutoBarcode AutoBarcode not generating images

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by TommyTwoPuds, May 12, 2018.

1. TommyTwoPuds

TommyTwoPuds New Member

I use AutoBarcodeLite (but bought through AutoApps) to generate QR codes for various things on the fly e.g. WiFi connect QR code for the current network.

However, I've noticed that for many months, years even, AutoBarcode very rarely works and the action just throws an error.

12.32.52/Variables doreplresult: |%qrdata| -> |WIFI:S:foo;T:WPA;P:bar;;|
    12.32.52/ActionArgBundle AutoBarcodeLite Generate: GenerateBarcodeText: %qrdata -> WIFI:S:foo;T:WPA;P:bar;;
    12.32.52/E FIRE PLUGIN: AutoBarcodeLite Generate / com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.action.FIRE_SETTING: 7 bundle keys
    12.32.52/E AutoBarcodeLite Generate: plugin comp: com.joaomgcd.barcode.lite/com.joaomgcd.barcode.BroadcastReceiverScanAutoBarcode
    12.32.52/E add wait type Plugin1 time 10
    12.32.52/E add wait type Plugin1 done
    12.32.52/E add wait task
    12.33.02/E Error: null

Please can you assist with debugging this. I'm wondering if it makes a call to something on the Internet to generate the code and then download the PNG, but that API/endpoint that it calls is not working properly.

Thanks,

Tom

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for the report. Is the scanning action working for you?

3. TommyTwoPuds

TommyTwoPuds New Member

Yes, creating a widget for AutoBarcodeLite Scan and tapping it launches "Barcode Scanner" which scans sample QR codes fine, and the text gets extracted and Tasker profiles that match it trigger ok.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

I just tried it and it seems to generate the file correctly. Did you give the app file permissions?

5. TommyTwoPuds

TommyTwoPuds New Member

Apologies for the delayed response.
    When I tried again it worked fine on my OnePlus 3T. However a few days later it stopped working.
    At the time, on a hunch, I tried on some of my various other devices and discovered that it was working fine on a Nexus 7 & Nexus 4 but just not on a OnePlus 3T. I also tried it on my home's two landline ISPs and both my dual SIM's respective mobile networks with the same behaviour.

This obviously points to something "special" about how the OnePlus 3T behaves (not the first time I've encountered such OnePlus "specialness") resulting in some seemingly random behaviour.

Is there a way of enabling some kind of debug to see all the URLs it's trying to go to, including all 3xx redirections?

: autobarcode