AutoInput Autoinput was working on KK now on Lollipop does not click on the same app

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Haider, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Haider

Haider New Member

Hi,

So I have GNote 3 rooted stock. When I was on KitKat Autoinput was working fine with my app that I want to use tasker to click inside to choose from a list using Test id.

Now after upgrading to lollipop 5.0.1, with the same tasker task and the same app that was working fine before, it fails to click. Even using the x, y.

I have tested the Autoinput and gives no error when clicks. I read here that not all apps allows for an accessibility access using click. But in my case that was working before. The app is Titanium backup pro. I have a Titanium profile select widget and using tasker to click on it and choose one items from the list of profiles using Autoinput click on an item in a list.

For the icon click on the home page over the widget, I use this command (it works, my phone is rooted):

Run Shell:
    input touchscreen tap 140 1260

I don't know how to use this command for clicking on a Text id , that's why I am using only for those cases Autoinput.

Do you know what is the problem here? Do you know an equivalent command in Shell to click on Text id?

Thanks

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

It's possible that the app has different UI for Android KitKat and Lollipop. Does the app look at all different?

3. Ghoria

Ghoria New Member

Maybe Accessibility for autoinput is not enabled?

4. Haider

Haider New Member

The app looks exactly the same, and the accessibility is enabled. I can do it on other apps like evernote.
    Do you know whether I can use the 'Run Shell: input touchscreen tap' method using the text id ? I searched but it seems only by specifying the X and Y , which is not super reliable.

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

input tap doesn't work with element ids, sorry. You're not able to upgrade to nougat, are you? :)

6. Haider

Haider New Member

Not yet. Hopefully next year. In the meantime I will use the X and Y with input tap. Thanks for the feedback!