AutoInput AutoInput Won't Write Text Variable

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Ron Parker, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Ron Parker

Ron Parker New Member

Wrote AutoVoice task which calls Google Voice and presses "+" button to send new text message. This action brings up a search bar where I wish to insert the %avcommnofilter portion of my command (the name I wish to search).
    I don't seem to be able to get AutoVoice to write the variable into the search bar in the app. I get nothing. I added a test (A4) to flash the value of the variable, and I see it's there and correct.
    Can someone please help? Here is complete profile:
    Profile: GV Message (12)
    Event: AutoVoice Recognized [ Configuration:Command: "google voice text (regex)" ]
    Enter: Launch GV Message (11)
    A1: Launch App [ App:Voice:SplashActivity Data: Exclude From Recent Apps:Off Always Start New Copy:On ]
    A2: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:Stored Action: Voice - 'Start a conversation' - Click Timeout (Seconds):10 ]
    A3: Variable Set [ Name:%Name To:%avcommnofilter Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
    A4: Flash [ Text:%Name Long:On ]
    A5: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:Type: Text
    Value: %avcommnofilter
    Text to Write : %Name
    Action : Write Timeout (Seconds):20 ]

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Ron Parker

Ron Parker New Member

I should mention that my phone is Galaxy S8, Android 7.0, not rooted.
    I've tried this every which way:
    1. Tasker->AutoInput->Write Text (not supported on non-rooted device?)
    2.Tasker-> AutoInput-> Paste Text (copied to clipboard using Tasker)
    3. Tasker->shell command->"input text" (not supported on non-rooted device?)
    4. Tasker->Ctl-V->Text
    5. Tasker->Remote ADB Shell->"input text"
    6. Tasker->input->write (not supported on non-rooted device)
    So, I think it's safe to say that between tasker/autoinput/etc... there is NO way to write text to screen on device that is not rooted. I hope I'm wrong, and if someone knows how, please let me know.

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

AutoInput Write and Paste work on non rooted devices :) Make sure to specify on which field AutoInput should write. You can use easy setup to find the id of the field or otherwise set it to write to the focused field.

But to achieve this task in particular you can use the AutoShare Google Text Search intent instead :) Much more direct. Import it from here with AutoShare installed: https://joaoapps.com/autoshare/intents/

Hope this helps!