AutoLocation AutoLocation while using the phone

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Eric Mooney, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Eric Mooney

Eric Mooney New Member

I have Verizon 4g on a Droid Turbo and I'm using the 'Advanced Calling' (voip) feature. Without this feature turned on, I have no data while using the phone. This renders AutoLocation useless if there's no data while you're on the phone.

I have a geofence around my house but if I'm on the phone and I cross the geofence, my profile never gets tripped. Even though I actually have data access. But if I'm not on my phone, it works.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? I'm pretty sure this is specific to any Verizon 4g phone that requires 'Advanced Calling' (Verizon VoIP) to be activated.

Anyone found a workaround?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

2. Sorian

Sorian New Member

I remember reading the geofence is supposed to use WiFi and Cell tower to tell when it is in or out.
    May want to try it with WiFi turned on (doesn't need to be connected).

Edit: just saw this in another thread: Did you check the option to exit all geofences when losing internet connection in the advanced options in AutoLocation?

3. Eric Mooney

Eric Mooney New Member

Actually, the problem was that when I activated Verizon Advanced Calling, I needed to just restart my 4G radio on the phone. I hadn't done that before and that worked. I can now be on the phone while leaving/entering a geofence and my tasks trigger.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk