AutoNotification Autonotification conflicts with NotifyClean

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Sergey Voytov, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Sergey Voytov

Sergey Voytov New Member

Hi, everyone.

A couple of months ago I reported the following problem. If Autonotification is activated in Settings>>>Accessibility>>>Services, the phone starts to experience random freezes and reboots. Finally, I managed to spot the culprit. Looks like Autonotification (activated in Settings>>>Accessibility>>>Services) can't work together with NotifyClean. Both apps are great and both work perfectly until you activate Autonotification in Settings>>>Accessibility>>>Services.

I bought both apps and I'd like to use both of them to full extend. Can anything be done about that?

P.S. The other apps activated in Settings>>>Accessibility>>>Services don't cause any problems. For the problem to appear two conditions should be met: 1. Autonotification and NotifyClean are both installed and working 2. Autonotification is activated in Settings>>>Accessibility>>>Services. If you do both, you'll have regular freezes and reboots.

P.S. I have Samsung Note 4 running Android 4.4.4

Screenshot_2015-11-30-22-32-48.jpg

2. easiuser

easiuser Member

I have the same setup and have not experienced random reboots but definately freezes. They sometimes force me to reboot via power button (the only thing that seems to respond). This generally seems to happen when the screen first comes on after being off for some time. Like when I recieve a call. Not a good time to get a non-responsive screen.

I turned off Autonotification accessibility service and will monitor.

I find both programs invaluable. Hope this can get resolved.
    Thanks for the tip.

3. Sergey Voytov

Sergey Voytov New Member

Yes, freezes always come first.
    First the phone freezes and then, after about a minute, it reboots. And this is not a full reboot. It's a semi-reboot (if I can call it this way) with just the animated colorful Samsung logo (not that black and white screen saying "Samsung Galaxy Note 4, powered by Android" which you get when you turn the phone on after being completely off.

4. Sergey Voytov

Sergey Voytov New Member

Is there any other Tasker plugin that can intercept toasts?

5. Sergey Voytov

Sergey Voytov New Member

To those who have the same problem. There is an app called EnhancedToast. It's from the same developer as NotifyClean. It can intercept toasts and send them to Tasker. It doesn't use Accessibility Services and it doesn't cause the phone to freeze and reboot. Have been using the two for the whole day today and had no reboots.