AutoWear Autowear / Android Wear Capabilities

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Mike G, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Mike G

Mike G New Member

I use Tasker with my phone. I bought Autowear to learn about how I could use it and Tasker to program an Android Wear watch. However, I do not yet have an Android Wear watch, so I’m just trying to understand how it all works and fits together, and what the capabilities are, at this stage.

1) Can Android watches that have GPS capability trigger Location- and wifi-based (e.g., wifi connected, wifi near) profiles in Android watches, along with their associated tasks (including some that use variables), with or without Autowear?
    2) Can Android watches automatically (i.e., through a task) send text messages using Tasker and/or Autowear?
    3) Can Autowear functions (e.g., shake, pulse rate) be used as profile event contexts to trigger tasks. For example, if my pulse is outside certain limits, can Autowear, with or without Tasker, perform a task?

Thank you.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there.

1) Not yet, but I'll try to add support in a future version
    2) Yes they can
    3) Yes it can

Hope this helps
    João

3. Mike G

Mike G New Member

Thank you for your reply. Support for location- and wifi- based profiles, along with complex tasks, would be a great capability to have.

Mike