AutoWear Autowear notification listener on watch

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by scae, Mar 23, 2020.

1. scae

scae Member

Hi,

According to the below, an app is required to be a notification listener before it can change DND. We can send the necessary command by ADB and Debug over Wifi. I would like to this on my watch to control the watch's DND settings. However I don't know the name of Autowear's notification listener service (does it have one?). Can you provide it?

Link:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/wear-os/development/app-disturb-sync-wear-2-0-t3603086
    Note this link is from 2017, so maybe recent versions of Wear OS block this. I know Android 8.1+ does on phones.

ADB command should be something like this:
    adb shell settings put secure enabled_notification_listeners com.google.android.wearable.app/com.google.android.clockwork.stream.NotificationCollectorService:com.joaomgcd.autowear/com.joaomgcd.autowear.service.ServiceNotificationIntercept

It's the 'ServiceNotificationIntercept' I'm not sure about. (I got it from autonotification's listener service). I have tried the above command as it, but it does not work.

2. scae

scae Member

OK, having done some more googling and testing with existing 'dnd sync' apps it looks like using a notification listener no longer works in Wear OS :(