AutoWear Watch Speaker Support

Discussion in 'App/Feature Suggestion' started by darkamikaze, Mar 2, 2016.

1. darkamikaze

darkamikaze New Member

Hi,

Really enjoying all the AutoApps! Now that AndroidWear 6.0 is rolling out with some speaker support, I was wondering if the ability to play certain audio within the watch and/or do customized TTS is in the pipeline for AndroidWear. I understand Join right now is probably a priority but just curious on this possibility! :)

Cheers!

Paradoxe likes this.
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, that is an interesting possibility indeed! Adding to my todo list, thanks :)

Paradoxe and darkamikaze like this.
  3. Paradoxe

Paradoxe New Member

You can already do it by redirecting the phone sound to bluetooth in AutoVoice
    Create a task, add an action "AutoVoice Ctrl BT" and check "Headset Sound Redirect"
    All the sounds will be played on your watch including notifications and voice outputs
    From there, it is easy to create profiles that will play on your phone, watch or both

4. darkamikaze

darkamikaze New Member

--EDIT--
    Oh I got TTS working, playing specific audio files would be great though !

--OLD BELOW---

This doesn't seem to work for me, I use AutoVoice CtrlBT to enable and I do a TTS say but nothing comes out of my watch. Example?

5. Paradoxe

Paradoxe New Member

it should work too as Autovoice CTRL BT is supposed to send all the phone sounds to the watch including music and notifications sounds.

I tried on my Zenwatch 2 and it works

darkamikaze likes this.
  6. darkamikaze

darkamikaze New Member

Hey you're right! That seems to work. It's a bit spotty though. I have a profile that does a TTS say, then prompts me for a reply. To get the reply though using AutoWear Voice Screen, AutoVoice Ctrl BT needs to be disabled. Reenabling it on the next line seems to not always work.

Might need some sleeps longer than 2 seconds. I'll keep toying around! Thanks

--EDIT--
    Sometimes instead of going to BT, it will go to the headphone speaker on my phone (top speaker on 6p)
    --EDIT 2--
    It seems to do it every other time, there might be something it iterates through like a list of playable devices. Like Speaker -> BT -> Headset etc.?
    --EDIT 3-- Nevermind... it doesn't always follow that order. It just sometimes connects to the watch and sometimes it goes through the phone's earpiece. hmmm

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  7. LarryA

LarryA New Member

I've found it to be really unreliable too. It goes to the watch maybe 50% of the time. Can't figure out why. It's a shame because it makes it pretty much useless.

8. LarryA

LarryA New Member

I've had to uninstall autovoice, partly because of the above unreliability, but mainly because it completely screwed up the Bluetooth connection to my car. The phone would say it was connected and my music app would say it was casting to the Bluetooth A2DP steam, but the sound would come out of my phone speaker! It also screwed up Bluetooth audio in whatsapp with the same effect.
    I persevered for a couple of days refusing to believe that it was autovoice. Then I gave up and uninstalled it and all my problems went away!
    I'd still really like the ability to direct audio to my watch for interactive Tasker tasks...

9. Keith Nelson

Keith Nelson New Member

Would like to add my vote for speaker support. My planned use though is to toggle the sound on/off depending on charge state.