AutoNotification Block feature does not work for whatsapp anymore

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by roizcorp, May 29, 2020.

1. roizcorp

roizcorp New Member

I'm using the block feature for a long time, I set a list of contacts in which the notifications for them in WhatsApp is handled differently. So I created a task with the block action for WhatsApp+variable which the serves the regex. It used to work but now what is actually does it is only dismiss the notifications and each new notification is shown (i.e. not blocked)

I'm pretty sure this is something that WhatsApp have done rather a bug in Autonotification but I would like it to block them. currently I workaround it by "re-blocking" as the first action in the task with every notification appears but it is certainly not ideal.

WhatsApp current version is 2.20.172 but this has happened with previous version for some months now

Many Thanks

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you please export your profile's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the profile in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

3. roizcorp

roizcorp New Member

Don't you mean the block task, it is not bound to any profile.
    The idea is once the task is executed AN should block the specific WhatsApp notifications

4. joaomgcd

Yes, sorry, the task :)

5. roizcorp

roizcorp New Member

Block (150)
    Run Both Together
    A1: Variable Set [ Name:%WhatsAppBlockApplied To:true Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off Max Rounding Digits:0 ]
    A2: Variable Set [ Name:%hide To:%HideContacts Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off Max Rounding Digits:3 ]
    <title Only block list of contacts>
    A3: AutoNotification Block [ Configuration:Apps: com.whatsapp
    Toggle: Enable
    By Title: %hide
    Regex: true Timeout (Seconds):60 ]
    <text Only block list of contacts>
    A4: AutoNotification Block [ Configuration:Apps: com.whatsapp
    Toggle: Enable
    By Text: .*%hide.*
    Regex: true Timeout (Seconds):60 ]

6. joaomgcd

Hi. Only 1 rule can apply to each app at a time so the second action is overwriting the first one. Also, can you please let me know what the %HideContacts variable contains? Thanks

7. roizcorp

roizcorp New Member

list of names seperated by pipe e.g.
    john|Jim|Joe

those matching contacts in my phone and handle them in a certain way but the first thing is to block messages from them!

another thing, is Whatsapp specifically has a "summary" message that is combined from summary notification (e.g. 3 messages from 2 chats) and notification per chat.

in this case the AN block does not work although the message is exactly as defined (i.e. app+title (contact name))

8. joaomgcd

But your second block action is overwritting the first one... Please open the main AutoNotification app and go to your block lists and check what's there.

9. roizcorp

roizcorp New Member

I understand, I removed the second block...I will follow up and will let you know