Solved Broke the app

Discussion in 'Join' started by antiseen, Feb 8, 2016.

1. antiseen

antiseen New Member

Did a factory reset of my Nexus 5x. When setting up Join again, I noticed the old instance of my 5X was in there. No obvious way to remove it, so silly me decided to rename and leave it blank.

Now app on phone/tablet instantly force closes whenever I open it. Can access the chrome extension on my browser but can't rename my now "undefined" Nexus 5x.

I sent an email with the error through my phone...but, is there some way to remove/delete devices that I'm missing? otherwise, this is a potentially annoying thing for people who flash a lot of roms.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yes, there's a "Delete" option in Join, at the bottom of the options list when you click the menu icon on each device. So the app crashes when a device name is blank? Ok, I'll fix that for the next release, thanks!

3. antiseen

antiseen New Member

Yeah thanks for replying. I didn't know and dumb ol me decided to erase the name (when has that ever worked, lol).

Yeah I can no longer enter in the app on any android device. It immediately force closes. If I'm quick and hit the donate tab before it fc, it will not fc but I have no way of accessing the device list to delete, as it immediately will fc if I try to access the list.

Been locked out since.. Monday? Great app though, I immediately bought it when I first tried it. I miss it!

Keep up the good work!

4. joaomgcd

antiseen likes this.
  5. antiseen

antiseen New Member

That sure fixed it, Woo! Thanks for the speedy help.

6. joaomgcd

Awesome :)

antiseen likes this.
: error